Use this professional created Social Media Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Social media managers are in charge of a company’s social media accounts. They communicate to the public through ad campaigns involving text, video and images. They are also responsible for interacting with the public and answering any questions that come up through social media channels. Managers will track data and set performance goals for the future.
A bachelor’s degree in business or communications is generally preferable. Prior involvement with social media is useful, and candidates should be able to list accomplishments in handling a social media channel.
An essential skill to include in your social media manager job description is excellent written communication. Managers also need to be creative, especially when it comes to solving problems.
Social Media Manager Job Description Template
Are you naturally drawn to the excitement and energetic buzz surrounding social media communications and advertisements? Are you inherently talented with using expressive and creative words to describe products, people, places and things? If so, we want you to become a highly valued addition to our team of marketing-oriented professionals. We look forward to hearing your ideas and watching you make the best use of your natural gifts and abilities as a passionate, experienced and energetic social media manager. If you’re looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself while being generously rewarded for your skills and work ethic, please consider joining our animated team today!
- Collect and study web metrics, including page view per visit, traffic mix, conversion rates, time on site, transaction volume and revenue, visits, cost per click, and cost per acquisition.
- Create and implement social media marketing initiatives such as affiliate programs, email promotions, paid ad placement and viral marketing campaigns.
- Set up optimizing analytics tools and analyze data to determine the behavior of website visitors.
- Train employees on identifying Key Performance Indicators and reporting key digital campaign metrics on a daily, weekly or quarterly basis.
- Manage the tracking and reporting processes of relevant search-related activities and present findings and trends with marketing executives during weekly or monthly meetings.
- Utilize experimentation, optimization tests and ongoing analysis to improve search-related activities.
- Create and implement content strategies for digital media, ensuring that all marketing tactics utilize the latest and most successful approach. Delegate content strategy responsibilities to your team.
- Collaborate with bloggers, merchants, online editors or webmasters to strategically place hyperlinks.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Three or more years of creative writing, social media publishing or related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write informational and emotional copy
- Passion for online community building and social media communications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in entertainment and music