Use this professional created Product Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Product managers oversee every step of designing a new item. They conduct research to see what the public needs and wants. Product managers lead a team to design the product and resolve any issues before mass production. They develop a budget and, after a product’s launch, analyze metrics to see where improvements can be made.
A bachelor’s degree in business and several years of experience working in marketing is needed for this position. Some of that experience needs to have been in business management.
Your product manager job description should state that applicants need to be strong leaders and capable of delegating responsibilities. Interpersonal skills are useful to communicate to different individuals within various departments at the organization.
Product Manager Job Description Template
Do you take pride in developing solutions to people’s problems? Are you driven by the opportunity to innovate tools for the future? If so, and if you have proven leadership skills, you might be the right fit for our product manager position. We are currently looking for a professional who is ambitious and focused on maximizing our products’ reach and effectiveness. We offer an environment that nurtures growth and encourages bold decisions. These qualities have allowed us to build a successful team from the bottom up, and we would love you to become a part of it, too. Apply for our product manager position now to learn more.
- Conduct research to assess competition that exists in the market and determine which products are needed by clients and potential clients.
- Determine metrics to gauge the success of a product in terms of its sales, effectiveness, client satisfaction and client feedback.
- Design a vision and pitches for new products that meet emergent needs, resolve issues, and improve upon the success of prior products.
- Secure full support from inside and outside the product development department to ensure that product launches are fully supported throughout the company.
- Integrate data from assessments into new products by making necessary adjustments and forecasting additional changes needed.
- Seek feedback from colleagues, upper management and clients in order to gauge needs and develop pitches relevant to those needs.
- Improve products and processes continually in order to achieve the best version possible prior to release and rollout.
- Delegate tasks relating to product development to a group of hard-working team members.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum experience of three years in the field and one year in business management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, marketing or sales
- Ability to pitch new products and ideas regularly
- Experience working with ecommerce and web retail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate team members and produce great results