Use this professional created Chief of Operations job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
From large corporations to small businesses, companies rely on a chief of operations to ensure the daily activities of the company are running smoothly. In addition to directing a team of employees, these top executives plan and coordinate tasks in order to promote operations within the organization.
Because chiefs of operations are over a number of employees within the company, they should have exceptional managerial skills and the ability to promote the strengths of their workers. They often delegate tasks to other managers, allowing the chief of operations to oversee a wide-range of activities.
A chief of operations job description should require someone with strong organizational skills and a background in operating a company. This person knows how to look at the numbers and adjust company guidelines to ensure that operations are standardized.
Chief of Operations Job Description Template
Looking for an opportunity to engage your excellent organizational and leadership skills? Join our team as the chief of operations and exercise your strong management skills as you oversee interdepartmental communication to ensure our company runs as efficiently as possible. You will coordinate with department managers to facilitate proficient inter-departmental communication to make sure that all processes are handled in a timely manner. Exercise your analytical and problem-solving skills as you review reports on the performance of the company and determine areas requiring improvement. Foster a strong sense of community among employees as you create a company culture that nourishes employees and holds them to the highest standards so that the company continues to provide high-quality services.
- Coordinate business activities across departments, ensuring efficient communication among all departmental managers.
- Develop and implement processes that facilitate a smoother and more proficient running of business processes to increase profits and reduce waste.
- Identify areas of weakness and create solutions to improve overall working operations, especially in key areas of inter-departmental work.
- Analyze performance matrices and develop business plans and strategies to assist in developing growth across the business.
- Oversee daily operations of the business, including the personnel, cost, schedules, budgets and equipment usage.
- Communicate annual reviews of the business to executives, board members, customers and other applicable individuals.
- Ensure all procedures are handled per company policy and that the company remains in compliance with local and federal guidelines.
Jobs Skills & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in senior management
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills