Use this professional created Quality Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
After a factory creates a set of products, the quality manager is the professional responsible for ensuring it meets all the high standards placed on it. These workers are a vital part of the process. They are tasked with reading blueprints, overseeing production, making recommendations for adjustments, and creating investigation reports. The best way to find talented quality managers is to write quality manager job descriptions that reflect all of these responsibilities.
As a part of the management team, quality managers should have strong leadership and delegation skills. Communication, coordination, and management skills are also important.
It is also highly beneficial for quality managers to have knowledge of the mechanical manufacturing processes to gain insight. They should exhibit analytical and technical skills, as well as attention to detail and decision making.
Quality Manager Job Description Template
Are you searching for a position where you can utilize your potential to manage, coordinate, and direct daily operations? Do you want to provide high-levels of customer service and drive team unity to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual goals? We would love to have you join our team! This is an excellent opportunity for you, a highly motivated individual, to use your keen eye and intellect to identify what our customers need now and predict their needs for the future. If you want to play an integral role in identifying potential leads and using your natural talent for persuasion to convince them to use our products, then consider working for us.
- Maintain a company-wide quality management system consistent with manufacturing and production standards to include internal auditing of all processes.
- Supervise the performance of physical inspections for monitoring products including reviewing incoming materials, work-in-progress, and final inspection before shipping manufactured goods.
- Organize information about quality discrepancies and internal audits for review and possible action to present at quarterly executive board meetings.
- Collaborate with all department staff to provide data about current quality levels and expertise for maintaining and improving the quality of work and products.
- Handle and resolve quality issues with clients, manage manufacturing and production quality staff, continuously verify effectiveness, and provide advice for improving the quality system.
- Conduct plant floor audits to communicate with production associates and review all quality data such as scrap and sorting costs.
- Provide instruction, development, and training to ensure compliance with the company’s manufacturing and production quality process.
- Oversee process and product audits, testing, and inspections to lead the team in continuous improvement initiatives and processes.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Ability to use statistical techniques for process improvement
- Six Sigma for manufacturing and production
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proficient in interpreting blueprints and specifications