Use this professional created Inspector job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Companies that undertake manufacturing operations rely on inspectors to ensure production continues without any problems. Inspectors examine the finished product to ensure that it meets safety requirements, marketing expectations, and corporate goals. Inspectors may also be tasked with overseeing the entire process to identify inefficient areas and guaranteeing adherence to codes and policies. Talented inspectors can be found and hired with comprehensive inspector job descriptions.
While inspectors do not use mechanical and manufacturing skills firsthand, having an understanding of these skills allows them to fulfill their job more effectively. They should exhibit analytical and evaluation abilities as well.
Secondly, it is very beneficial for inspectors to have strong communication skills alongside good physical stamina. Interpersonal skills will help them communicate what is wrong with procedures or products.
Inspector Job Description Template
Ensuring consumer safety through product reliability is our top priority. To assist in fulfilling this mission, we’re searching for a quality control inspector who will help in screening all aspects of our production and manufacturing process. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to attend conferences and seminars related to our industry’s safety and productivity standards, as well as visit other providers in order to learn best practices. You will work closely with both the managers on our production floors and our planning team in creating and implementing process improvements. Your job may even include working as a consultant to other companies who come to us seeking guidance on improving their own processes.
- Educate yourself on all of the federal and state regulatory compliance requirements as well as OSHA safety standards relating to our industry through attendance at national and regional conferences, online training classes and personal research.
- Conduct routine inspections at all of our manufacturing outlets, focusing specifically on safety standards, operational guidelines, our own stated productivity goals, and the current state of all of our production equipment.
- Analyze all of the data collected from inspections to identify best practices, areas in need of improvement and potential regulatory compliance violations.
- Prepare reports detailing your findings, offering recognition and recommendations where they are needed, to be shared with both our executive team and the managers of our manufacturing outlets.
- Make yourself available to help implement the changes and upgrades recommended based upon your findings and to train production staff in industry best practices when needed.
- Stay updated on all of the latest production trends and best practices within our industry through researching publications and reaching out to contemporary companies.
- Report all potential violations to executive team when necessary, and assist in the preparation of the documentation detailing such incidents to the proper regulatory agency. Serve as our representative in compliance hearings as needed.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Eight years of experience in production supervision and/or management
- Demonstrated working knowledge of production equipment operation and industry safety standards
- Ability to travel within the region on a semi-frequent basis
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of internal experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel