Use this professional created Program Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Program managers oversee a project from initial development to completion. They draft business plans and train team members on their functions. It is up to the program manager to develop a communication system within an organization so everyone from staff members to executives remain informed.
A bachelors’ degree is generally required. Three to five years working in project management is also necessary. Your program manager job description should also state any software that applicants need to be proficient in.
As far as applicants’ personalities, they should be natural problem solvers who are capable of analyzing quickly. Leadership skills are also essential because program managers need to be comfortable leading a team.
Program Manager Job Description Template
Are you looking for a fast-paced job that provides you with the opportunity to oversee the entire production process from inception to completion? We would love you to join our team as our new program manager. As a critical member of our company, you will be in charge of multiple projects, each at different points in the production process. By communicating with team members, customers and managers from other departments, you will make sure we hit all milestones. You will be challenged as you solve any problems that arise while also predicting potential risks. Feel satisfied and ensure all projects remain within budget and are completed on schedule by overseeing all activities involved in the lifetime of a project.
- Coordinate with customers, vendors and other managers through email and face-to-face meetings to determine the necessary processes and prioritize actions.
- Oversee product development through all stages of production, monitoring milestones to guarantee completion.
- Develop new relationships with potential partners through attending networking events and reaching out to likely candidates.
- Plan processes strategically and draft viable business plans based on these strategies to reduce any potential problems and increase efficiency.
- Execute training programs for team leaders so that all team members understand their expected contributions to the project.
- Detail the schedule and determine the necessary resources to implement the project or program, including any potential improvements to past projects, to assure a streamlined process.
- Integrate resources including software, hardware, and personnel, and organize the various components of the project for a more economical process.
- Create and maintain an effective communication system that ensures all team leaders, executives, customers and other involved persons have the same information.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience as a program manager
- Proficient in program management tools
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Quality certification (e.g. Six Sigma, Certified Quality Manager, LEAN)
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership position