Use this professional created Paralegal job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
It’s the job of a paralegal to help lawyers build their cases through investigation, carry out legal research, prepare legal documents and contact all necessary witnesses, lawyers and clients. They also ensure all briefs, exhibits, appeals and affidavits are properly filed and organized. Depending on the size of the law firm, a paralegal might focus on a specific phase of a legal case.
A strong paralegal job description is one that notes interested applicants should have proper computer and communication skills as well as sharp research and investigative abilities. Paralegals should also be well-versed at creating and maintaining personal relationships.
There are also instances in which employers prefer candidates who have voluntary certification. Be sure to touch on this in your description.
Paralegal Job Description Template
Are you looking for a fast-paced work environment in which to challenge yourself, improve your skills, and gain the experience you need to further your career? If so, we hope you’ll consider joining our team of attorneys and other experts as a paralegal. You will have the chance to take responsibility for many projects and work with numerous people in a variety of roles on a daily basis. We are passionate about developing a cohesive and competent team and fostering a culture that values innovation, excellence, and a desire to learn. If you are ready to hit the ground running and contribute to our mission, we are ready to provide you with opportunities for growth and a competitive compensation package.
- Proactively assist attorneys with various tasks and provide administrative support on a daily basis for multiple initiatives and projects by taking responsibility for data identification, collection, processing, and transfer as well as required documentation.
- Manage actions and written material related to company licensing, approval processes, trademarks, content, copyright defense, and cease and desist efforts.
- Proactively work to maintain up-to-date knowledge of current best practices, legal requirements, procedures, solutions, and emerging technologies.
- Foster strong relationships with colleagues, attorneys, clients, managers, and other internal and external parties.
- Liaise with various personnel as necessary including in-house and outside counsel, paralegals, vendors, IT professionals, and other people.
- Perform detailed legal research and analysis, collect data, document findings, and author comprehensive reports as needed.
- Improve and implement new methods for data collection, content management, organization, contract oversight, and other tasks.
- Ensure proper management and governance of corporate entities and serve as the point of contact for outside counsel on company procedures, defensible processes, and litigation activities.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Paralegal certificate or Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and email tools, and technical savvy to learn additional programs
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Three years’ experience working as a paralegal or administrator
- Familiarity with industry-related legal specifics