Security Manager Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Security Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A security manager is responsible for overseeing the security staff of an organization. He or she must develop and revise security policies and keep procedures and standards up to date. Managers must also respond promptly to any and all security breaches or threats to the organization and determine the best course of action to keep breaches from reoccurring.
When creating your security manager job description, you can attract the best talent by including qualities and skills essential to performing this position well, such as an excellent educational background, including a high school diploma and a college degree. They should also have at least two years of experience in security management.
It is ideal for security managers to have excellent oral and written communication skills. They should also have a keen eye and great attention to detail.
Security Manager Job Description Template
We pride ourselves on maintaining a safe and secure working environment for all our employees. With you on our team as a security manager, you will ensure that our property, intellectual property and personnel remain safe from any potential danger. You will use your problem-solving and analytical skills to determine where security breaches might occur, and mitigate any possible threats. You will investigate problems and ensure that the responsible person is found and appropriate measures are taken in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies. With your experience and knowledge in security measures, you will determine the best plans for a variety of threats, both man-made and natural disasters, and ensure that all personnel are adequately trained in the appropriate actions to take.
- Develop or revise security policies, procedures and standards, and ensure they are implemented accordingly to retain the highest level of security.
- Investigate any potential security breaches, determine the best solutions to reduce a recurrence of the situation and coordinate with law enforcement as needed.
- React quickly to any potential security threats, including fires, medical emergencies, bomb threats or other problems using predetermined emergency response actions.
- Communicate security plans, including exit routes and other procedures, to all personnel in the building or on the property.
- Provide support during reviews of safety and security processes, whether internal evaluations or governmental audits.
- Determine potential risk factors, whether human or natural disasters, and develop the best action plans to minimize problems.
- Train security staff, supervisors, managers and other relevant personnel in all emergency procedures, and run regular drills for enhanced preparation in case of a problem.
- Maintain security operations, including ordering and repairing necessary equipment, and ensure they remain under budget while performing effectively.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- College degree, bachelor's preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in security management
- Valid driver's license and clean background check
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Law Enforcement and Security Job Descriptions