Use this professional created Recruiter job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A great recruiter can add significantly to the success of a business. These individuals are responsible for representing an organization while interacting with prospective applicants who could add value to the group. They must work with members of the human resources team to search for potential employees and contact them with information regarding the positions that need to be filled.
To find the best employee for the job, your recruiter job description should include the skills and qualities necessary for this position. A strong educational background is always beneficial, including a minimum of a high school diploma. However, a bachelor’s degree in a business, human resources or sociology field is preferred.
In order to work competently within the position, recruiters should excel in communicating with others in person and in writing. They must also have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Recruiter Job Description Template
Organization with offices statewide looking for a recruiter to help identify new talent for our workforce. As our employees are our #1 resource, we recognize the importance of this position and are prepared to value the skills you bring to it. You will serve as our first point of contact with potential employees, making you the veritable face of our company to those just being introduced to who we are. This position will involve a good deal of research into identifying potential job candidate pools as well as traveling to different locations inside and outside of the state to introduce our organization to up-and-coming as well as established professionals. If you’re looking to play a big part in the growth of a successful organization, this is the job for you.
- Serve as our representative to prospective applicants whose skills and talents we’ve identified as being able to add value to our organization.
- Work in conjunction with other members of our Human Resources staff to search for potential employees on job sites, establish relationships with job placement program personnel at local colleges and universities, and screen resumes submitted by parties interested in affiliating themselves with us.
- Contact potential applicants via phone or email, and arrange to meet with them in-person to provide more information on our company and the role that we envision them fulfilling.
- Travel to national, regional, and local job fairs and expositions as well as technical conferences to present our company to attendees.
- Arrange interview times with applicants and, if needed, work with our finance department to secure the funds needed to cover a prospective hire’s travel, lodging and amenity costs during the interview process.
- Identify our most successful recruitment methods and work with our Human Resources manager to ensure adequate resources are available to support them.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Past experience in administrative support, analytics and/or interviewing job candidates
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel when needed
- BS/BA in Business Administration and Theory, Human Resources, Sociology or a related field
- Past experience in recruitment and hiring