Use this professional created Human Resources Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Human resources managers are a vital part of any company’s operation because they oversee the rest of the HR department. That typically means they are the supervisor directly in charge of the hiring and interviewing process, as well as being responsible for coordinating the duties and evaluating the work of others, including human resource coordinators and generalists.
When you write a human resources manager job description, the key skills to emphasize up front are leadership, communication, and organization. That is because managerial candidates need to be able to not only lead a team, but make expectations clear for everyone.
Since they deal with morale and discipline problems in addition to hiring and training, a human resources manager’s job description needs to emphasize how those important skills are needed in every aspect of the job. That includes motivation as well as management to ensure you hire the best candidate.
Human Resources Manager Job Description Template
Human resources might be considered the hub of a company’s operations. After all, a human resources manager is responsible for tasks ranging from interviewing to hiring to conflict resolution. With all of these and plenty of other responsibilities, we need someone like you—a proactive person who is fully capable of taking on these tasks. We are seeking a dynamic and multitasking professional to manage our company’s human resources department and realize the full potential we see in it. If you have superior management skills and a passion for people, we welcome you to submit an application for our consideration and continue learning about our company.
- Interview prospective candidates for initial screening to determine whether or not they may be a good fit for the company and its culture.
- Maintain a professional and safe work environment for people of all genders, ages, races and other protected statuses.
- Oversee other departments, such as payroll, to ensure operations are running smoothly as it pertains to employee relations.
- Manage all other staff in human resources and connected departments to ensure performance and protocol are up to the established standard.
- Train new hires and employees regarding proper workplace conduct, appropriate behavior and discrimination issues that may be relevant.
- Hire staff to work in your department and other parts of the company, and complete the process by processing on-boarding paperwork.
- Identify any potential violation of anti-discrimination and workplace rights laws, and rectify the problem before it causes bigger issues in the company.
- Create training materials and protocols for combatting workplace misconduct and other problems that can become human resources issues.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Strong skills in management and leadership
- Familiarity with workplace legislation
- Prior experience in human resources department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in human resources management
- Certification in human resources or a related field