Use this professional created Human Resources Generalist job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Human resources generalists provide a variety of support functions that companies need to smoothly navigate the hiring and training processes, including paperwork, interview management, and the promotion of HR programs designed to improve employee performance and morale. As such, they have a diverse and essential skill set.
As you write your human resources generalist job description, it is important to emphasize the organizational and motivational skills needed to balance the variety of tasks this role requires. Strong communication skills are also vital, in both the written and interpersonal realms.
No job description for a human resources generalist would be complete without language that helps you find someone whose strong leadership qualities can balance the other traits needed in this position to provide guidance and direction for other employees.
Human Resources Generalist Job Description Template
A career as a human resources generalist allows you to utilize your expert leadership, management, and communication skills to achieve business and technical goals. We would love for you to become a respected member of our team, where you will be responsible for designing and administering many facets of HR. These include recruiting, change management, retention, employee relations, administration of compensation and benefits, and performance management to meet the company’s goals, strategies, and programs. A primary goal of our company is maintaining employee satisfaction and motivation, so we need your enthusiastic, personable and passionate nature to organize, improve, and implement HR strategies and goals. If you want to play an integral role in developing employee initiatives and improving business processes, then you should consider working for us.
- Assist in talent acquisition, including recruitment, staffing, interviewing, extending job offers, and ensuring staff retention.
- Track and complete pre-employment requirements, manage the onboarding process to include e-Verify and I-9 federal obligations, and maintain HR records to comply with relevant legal requirements.
- Promote HR programs to create a productive and conflict-free working environment.
- Prepare reports by investigating and reviewing data and trends in the industry.
- Assist the HR manager with disciplinary action requests and recommend a course of action for growth.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying issues, coaching, and supporting action plans.
- Partner with management and staff to communicate various HR policies, procedures, and federal and state employment regulations.
- Conduct exit interviews and prepare appropriate documentation and feedback.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field
- Working knowledge of employment and labor laws, state and federal laws, and other government compliance regulations
- High degree of interpersonal skills with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations and documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a high capacity for analytical and problem-solving abilities
- SHRM-CP certification
- Experience with HRIS systems