Use this professional created Human Resources Coordinator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Human resources coordinators play a vital role in any company because they bring together the various pieces of data needed to maintain an overall view of employee morale, health, and performance that companies need to continue improving. By providing information about benefits and policies to employees while preparing and coordinating monthly reports, they help ensure everyone in the company has what they need to be productive.
Since their jobs are varied and involve many tasks, your human resources coordinator job description should emphasize the importance of flexibility and motivation to success in the position. Human resources coordinator candidates should also be adept at handling and presenting data and have strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
When your job description reflects this careful balance of data and people skills, it will have what it needs to attract the right candidate for your company.
Human Resources Coordinator Job Description Template
Looking for a unique opportunity to test and develop your skills as a human resources coordinator? If so, you will love the exciting, fast-paced environment and the incredible support you will experience as a member of our energetic team. Be at the center of everything and facilitate greater cooperation, communication and conflict resolution between employees and departments. Enjoy a deep level of fulfillment as you work daily to overcome challenges and move toward higher levels of success. If you are passionate about helping others and you want a career that gives you room to grow and advance, don’t miss this opportunity to become part of something much bigger than yourself.
- Maintain, process and verify documentation related to personnel, including training, performance evaluations, classifications, grievances, staffing, employee leaves of absence and recruitment.
- Explain company procedures, personnel policies and benefits to existing employees, new hires or job applicants.
- Collect and file personnel records from employees or other departments in both electronic and hard copy form.
- Record contact and other relevant information for each employee, including weekly earnings, supervisory performance reports, absences, addresses, sales or production amounts, and reasons for and dates of terminations.
- Compile, prepare, and/or present personnel activity reports at weekly, monthly or quarterly meetings.
- Answer pertinent questions regarding salaries, eligibility, benefits, examinations and other employee-related data.
- Provide information for actions taken by, for or against personnel, and answer inquiries with information taken from employee files.
- Request and file information that can be used to determine a job applicant’s employment eligibility, including information from previous employers, law enforcement officials and other references.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year as an HR coordinator/associate
- Ability to manage and handle sensitive materials and situations confidentially
- Basic knowledge of HR compliance requirements, including state and federal labor laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Spanish language proficiency