Use this professional created Physical Therapist job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Physical therapists assist patients with regaining a full range of motions. This involves developing specialized plans for each patient, evaluating an individual’s progress and educating the patient’s family members about what needs to be done at home. Physical therapists also assist doctors in diagnosing conditions.
Every state requires physical therapists to be licensed. Your physical therapist job description can state any additional qualifications you want applicants to have, which can include a bachelor’s degree in neuroscience, physiology or pharmacology.
Physical therapists need to have a lot of compassion and patience to work with ill and injured individuals. In order to track a patient’s progress, therapists also need to be highly detail-oriented
Physical Therapist Job Description Template
We care deeply about providing excellent care to our patients during therapeutic treatment to facilitate their healing process. Join our team as a physical therapist to give one-on-one care to our patients using the latest evidence-based techniques. We believe in collaborative work but also ensure that our therapists retain their autonomy to provide individualized care to patients. You will be challenged while working with a variety of patients, some of whom have acute injuries and others who have degenerative illnesses and associated loss of function. Learn and grow your physical therapy practice while working as a valued member of our dynamic team.
- Assess the mobility of patients using a range of tests and utilize the results to develop a patient care program and a therapy timeline.
- Carry out therapeutic interventions using standard solutions and the latest evidence-based techniques that appropriately address a patient’s specific needs and concerns.
- Monitor patient progress in detailed reports and provide regular updates to patients, family members, physicians, caregivers and other therapists involved in the patient’s care.
- Provide a continuum of care by collaborating with primary care physicians and specialists regarding patient care.
- Educate patients, families and caregivers on exercises that complement therapy sessions and facilitate improved range of motion.
- Supervise physical therapy aides and assistants, and work collaboratively with fellow therapists in the office to maintain quality care.
- Participate in continuing education and other professional development opportunities to remain knowledgeable about new and emerging therapies.
- Maintain patient records in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy to ensure excellent standard of care.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy (MS preferred)
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in physical therapy
- Current state-issued license to practice
- Current CPR certification or completion upon hire
- Member of the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Advanced and/or board certification in specialty area