Use this professional created Clinical Research Associate job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Clinical research associates assist professionals with clinical studies. This may involve coordinating studies and finding participants. Associates are often the ones who study the potential effects of a trial to see if there would be any harm to the patients, and present findings to other members of the team.
A bachelor’s degree in a science-related field is often mandatory. You can also state in your clinical research associate job description how much experience you want out of an associate. Five years working in clinical research is standard.
Associates need to be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written text. They also need to be capable of working with numerous types of people from science professionals to laymen.
Clinical Research Associate Job Description Template
Are you looking for a position in the science field in which you can assist in important clinical research studies that benefit the people and the world around you? If so, consider becoming a clinical research associate and joining our team of science professionals. This important role ensures that the research study is conducted with integrity and accuracy. As a clinical research associate, you can be part of exciting clinical trials that give you an idea of the future of our company and purpose. You can be in the midst of this evolution and work with the latest technology, tools and methodologies in order to make a difference in the world.
- Coordinate the clinical research study process before, during and after specific trials by working with a team of research associates to complete the goals of the study.
- Participate in subject selection during the preparation time devoted to the clinical study and ensure all relevant federal, state and local regulations are followed regarding consent.
- Evaluate study protocols to get a better understanding of risks to participants, methods of data collection and the organization of study data.
- Develop study protocols and procedures for the clinical trial by examining and analyzing the goals of the study, the tools needed and the materials used during the research.
- Collaborate with other staff in the research setting to help encourage best practices in regards to integrity in the study and accuracy of data.
- Present reports of data collected and findings discovered during the various phases of the research trials to supervisory staff.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge, skills and understanding of all industry norms by completing classes and workshops and reading clinical research publications.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field
- At least five years of experience in clinical research
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication
- Top organizational skills and ability to solve problems
- Ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of all current research protocols