Use this professional created Project Engineer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Project engineers are part of the mechanism used to ensure integrity and compliance through the design and implementation process. This kind of engineer will serve as a go-between for clients and builders. Daily activities include record keeping and compliance checks.
Communication is an important skill for a project engineer, since reporting back new client specifications may be necessary. Attention to detail is another requirement to spot deviations from project objectives and resource use.
If you require a bachelor’s degree and experience in a certain discipline, be sure to include that in your project engineer job description. Good organizational skills are also key. Some project engineers also oversee other workers, making it important to mention this as well.
Project Engineer Job Description Template
If you have a strong project engineer background that includes earthwork, underground utilities, concrete, and paving as well as heavy highway experience, we would love you to become a member of our team! As a valued project engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with management to develop objectives, determine phases and elements of design, and prepare and distribute timelines for fulfillment. You will develop engineering and construction plans by outlining, shaping and managing all aspects of the project. You will have the exciting opportunity to foster team growth as we work to meet our annual goals. If you want to be actively involved in identifying project objectives, environmental requirements, and budgetary considerations, then you should consider working for us.
- Review design proposals and schemes, and then work with management to refine project objectives, identify constraints, determine time frames, and sequence project phases.
- Research product designs, client specifications, and performance standards, and then present cost estimates that ensure satisfactory product performance.
- Summarize status reports and monitor resources, contractors, and agendas to correctly record all components of the project.
- Provide procedures, rules, and regulations to stakeholders to secure a safe, clean, and productive environment while enforcing policies.
- Maintain reputation and project integrity through compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate, organize, and prioritize workloads within a schedule.
- Liaise with third-party contractors to ensure all equipment is suitable for its design and adheres to the budget and deliverables.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma and two to four years of full-time experience
- Practical construction knowledge with the ability to read plans and blueprints
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage priorities and workflow to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of the construction industry to provide technically sound determinations and recommendations