Use this professional created Industrial Engineer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Industrial engineers work in many phases of industrial systems, from design and creation to installation, maintenance and quality control. Daily activities may involve speaking with clients to go over specifications or working with a team to resolve production problems.
Designing industrial systems takes creativity and critical thinking, two important skills for an industrial engineer. Because they sometimes serve as a go-between with clients, oral and written communication skills are also key.
A good industrial engineer job description should specify any industry disciplines required, as well as relevant work experience and education. Calculus, trigonometry and other advanced mathematical concepts are used in industrial engineering, so a firm grasp of these sciences is necessary.
Industrial Engineer Job Description Template
If you want a fulfilling, exciting job where you can see in numbers how you are making a difference, we have the perfect spot for you on our team as an industrial engineer. Industrial engineers have the important task of removing waste from production processes in order to save time and money and to improve the work conditions for every employee. Industrial engineers often work as the bridge between the business and technical side of an organization, requiring you to be level-headed and easy to work with. You will be working both in the office and out on the job site. This gives you the opportunity to move throughout the day and ensures that you are never bored.
- Review engineering specifications, production schedules and process flows to deeply understand activities and methods used in services and manufacturing.
- Work with management and customers to create higher standards for production and design to facilitate better customer service.
- Minimize costs and resolve production problems by enacting new quality control procedures and adjusting to meet the needs of our team.
- Make cost analysis and financial planning more efficient by developing management control systems. Maximize efficiency with better manufacturing and delivery processes.
- Meet with vendors, management personnel, staff and clients on a regular basis to determine the status of each project.
- Supervise and manage a small team of employees who work both in the office and out on job sites to guarantee that efficient processes are being used at all times.
- Direct, develop and motivate individuals within your group to inspire loyalty and encourage and reward hard work.
- Analyze systems to determine how operations, environment and other conditions will affect how the system works.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in industrial engineering
- Leadership qualities including passion, decisiveness, confidence and focus
- Ability to work full-time and travel from the office to job sites
- Experience during school or on the job training
- Ability to work basic computer programs to create spreadsheets