Engineering Manager Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Engineering Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Engineering managers hire, direct and supervise staff involved in the development of new products. This requires many layers of documentation. Checking budget plans and ensuring adherence to them can also be a part of an engineering manager's day.
Attention to detail is an important skill for an engineering manager, as are communication and analytical skills. Engineering managers also need to be capable both in engineering disciplines and managerial skills. Some education disciplines required include operations management, computer applications and statistics.
For an engineering manager job description, include any specifications regarding education, such as electrical or civil engineering certifications. Quality control is important to this job, as is sustainability and resource management.
Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Looking for a fast-paced job that exercises your leadership skills and profound engineering knowledge? We would be happy to have you as part of our team, working as our engineering manager. You will have the opportunity to oversee projects through all stages of production from initial conception to completion to ensure that they adhere to the highest quality standards. With your strong organizational and analytical skills, you will ensure that the engineering department remains on time and on budget for all projects, and you will identify areas that require improvement. Take the chance to develop a strong team and foster unity while you nurture your staff members and create a department that works like a well-oiled machine and consistently reaches goals.
- Coordinate and oversee all activities for engineering projects, including integrating technical activities and facilitating communication across departments.
- Discuss specifications for engineering projects with department heads, including marketing and production, as well as executive staff members.
- Follow projects through all stages from inception to completion to ensure that each remains on time and on budget.
- Review changes to project designs and determine whether they should be approved based on company policy and standards.
- Present project proposals to clients and answer all questions pertaining to the project to ensure clients remain satisfied with the products.
- Analyze specifications of projects, including resources, market demand, technology required and other components to ensure that they are feasible.
- Assist HR in the recruiting, hiring, training and evaluating of all engineering staff, and make sure that staff members abide by company policy.
- Perform certain administrative tasks as required, including creating reports, approving purchasing and overseeing expenditures to maintain an efficient department.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, MS preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience as an engineering manager or equivalent role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Solid works
- CMM certification or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Engineering Job Descriptions