Use this professional created Telemarketer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Telemarketers make cold calls using a given phone directory to sell products and services or request donations. They work from scripts to give information about products and services, including features and costs, and describe product benefits. They also answer incoming calls from prospective customers.
Your telemarketer job description should detail educational and experience requirements and stress the need for excellent communication skills. Ideal candidates have strong presentation skills, but they also can stay calm and patient in the face of rejection or aggressiveness. They also should be persuasive and persistent.
Telemarketers have working knowledge of relevant computer programs to record customer data, and they are results-oriented. They can deal with complaints or doubts to safeguard a company’s reputation. They also are able to ask pertinent questions to determine potential customers’ needs.
Telemarketer Job Description Template
Do you love selling things? Do you enjoy having a conversation with a customer in the hopes that you can convince him or her your service or product is the best on the market? If so, a job as a telemarketer may be a great one for you. As a telemarketer working for us, you get to take orders for services or merchandise by identifying which clients are good prospects, calling those customers and persuading them to buy our services. A job as a telemarketer allows you to meet new people every day and speak to individuals all over the country. If you are friendly, tenacious, determined and easy to talk to, this may be the perfect job for you.
- Identify potential clients by going through zip code and telephone directories and other prepared listings when needed.
- Call prospective clients and customers with automatic dialing systems, telephone equipment and other telecommunications technologies.
- Give a prepared sales talk to convince customers to buy our products and services, giving price quotations and product information on the call.
- Finish orders by recording the client’s name, address and specific purchase item before referring the order to filing.
- Work as an intermediary between the company and clients when necessary to schedule a time with other departments to deliver or install necessary products or services.
- Comply with rules, regulations and procedures regarding consumer calling to guarantee you are within the limits of the law.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Motivate and encourage other telemarketers to increase overall sales for the company, set a good tone within the working environment and build morale throughout the company.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work new technology to call customers
- Minimum three years of experience in sales
- Ability to type 60 words per minute
- Willingness to work on commission
- Driven by results and able to handle rejection from customers