Shift Leader Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Shift Leader job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Shift leaders are needed to ensure a company’s team meets goals and remains on task. They ensure maintenance gets performed on pieces of equipment. Shift leaders also make sure everyone is in compliance with safety protocols and fill out employee evaluation reviews.
Stating how much experience you need in the position is essential in your shift leader job description. Five years working in the given industry is standard, but it can be more or less depending on your needs. A portion of that experience should have been in a managerial position.
Vital skills to include in a description are the capability to solve problems and ability to work weekends and evenings. Being bilingual may be advantageous in certain cities.
Shift Leader Job Description Template
If you enjoy working nontraditional hours in an active and challenging environment to ensure people and machinery are all performing at the highest level, we hope you will join our team as a shift leader. You will be responsible for inspiring your team to meet production goals while maintaining safety and quality control during every shift. We encourage our shift leaders to innovate and create solutions to improve production processes and efficiency. You will have the chance to train and mentor the members of your team and increase your management experience by creating performance plans and conducting reviews. Join us and become part of a company that truly values your expertise, passion, and work ethic.
- Read and understand daily production plan, including measurable goals and benchmarks, and communicate requirements to the production team.
- Manage resources and ensure every station is adequately staffed by the proper number of people with the correct skills and training.
- Oversee all changeover procedures including machine housekeeping functions, line clearing, raw materials storage, and audit processes.
- Ensure production values, standardized work, and quality control requirements are met by each member of your team during every shift.
- Verify proper and efficient operation of all processes by monitoring flow of raw material, inspecting machine parts, and adjusting gauges to follow required parameters.
- Correct problems as needed by working through troubleshooting procedures and engaging maintenance and engineering personnel.
- Complete employee development plans and provide performance reviews as needed for each directly reporting employee as well as monitor and assist in on-the-job training of new personnel.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures including attending safety meetings and amending documented procedures as needed along with ensuring compliance of all team members.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED, plus 5 years’ related work experience including 2 years in management positions
- Ability to work independently and maintain high ethical standards
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts including nights and weekends
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Basic SAP knowledge
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Customer Service Job Descriptions