Use this professional created Customer Service job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Customer service jobs entail informing customers about the features of an item, listening to customer complaints and resolving issues peacefully. These positions also involve contacting customers who are overdue on paying an invoice and updating clients’ account information.
In your customer service job description, essential skills are more important than a standard education. A high school diploma is typical, but customer service jobs also require people who are willing to work long hours, including working overtime, and be on their feet for extended periods of time.
Multitasking is essential in this industry. Someone seeking a customer service position should also have skills in problem solving, communication and conflict resolution.
Customer Service Job Description Template
We are an established and successful company seeking a confident, reliable, and friendly customer service representative. In this role, you will be responsible for interacting with and satisfying the most important element of our company – the customers. In the client services department, you will team up with other representatives and managers to set productivity goals and work diligently towards meeting them. To perform this job, you must be comfortable with speaking for extended periods of time and working with others. We are a company that is fully committed to helping you succeed, and we offer exceptional training and advancement opportunities to all of our employees; if you believe you have what it takes to keep our clients happy, we would be interested in making you a part of our team.
- Take incoming calls from clients and listen to concerns, complaints, and questions carefully.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times and take notes on customer remarks and issues.
- Fill out digital forms for new customers and actively promote additional services and products.
- Connect customers and vendors to the appropriate department if you are unable to assist them adequately with their needs.
- Meet with customer service managers and supervisors quarterly to discuss performance and set new goals; review recordings of calls and identify key areas that can use improvement.
- Respond to client email inquiries in a timely and courteous manner and send company emails to customers who have expressed interest in services.
- Attend regular training sessions in order to update skill set and knowledge of corporate procedures.
- Contact clients about unpaid or overdue accounts, and attempt to collect or make the appropriate payment arrangements; update account information if a payment is made.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- Comfortable sitting and speaking for long periods of time
- Willingness to work overtime during peak seasons