Use this professional created Branch Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Branch managers find and train new employees and oversee teams. They ensure proper team motivation while handling customer complaints and working with the HR department as needed. Managers also discipline employees as necessary and make sure workers have a safe and clean environment in which to work.
In your branch manager job description, indicate how much experience applicants should have, as well as the type of bachelor’s degree they should possess. Besides management experience, you might also want someone who has a background in sales.
One essential professional quality of a branch manager is the ability to multitask. Managers should also possess up-to-date knowledge on computer programs, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and commonly used payroll and scheduling systems.
Branch Manager Job Description Template
Are you a highly motivated and reliable professional with a passion for upward mobility? If so, we want you to join our team as a valued and respected branch manager! Our stable company is currently experiencing rapid growth, and we are looking for an experienced team player to take the reins and help us achieve even greater success. Enjoy the opportunity to drive profit by building and managing a solid team of hardworking individuals who will follow your directions to make and keep sales goals, train and supervise staff, and build rapport with customers. As the branch manager overseeing all activities and operations at your designated location, you will be generously rewarded for the successes of your team.
- Locate, recruit and train new employees as needed to handle the various responsibilities and duties of your branch.
- Conduct and supervise training meetings, and implement incentives and motivational activities to maximize efficiency and results.
- Oversee the activities of your entire on-site team as well as the territory managers under your jurisdiction.
- Handle customer and employee complaints promptly and fairly, working with the HR manager over your area as needed.
- Perform disciplinary actions, including verbal and written warnings and employment termination as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for employees by ensuring that premises are cleaned regularly and that any hazards are properly removed. Ensure that property is well-maintained and kept attractive and up-to-date.
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure that customer needs are being met and that employee morale is high.
- Monitor time worked by staff to ensure that scheduled hours are being met and that overtime is not being achieved regularly.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Five or more years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and basic email applications
- Understanding of payroll and scheduling systems
- Ability to juggle multiple items and responsibilities at once
- Sales experience