Use this professional created Tax Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Tax managers ensure all company tax documents are properly gathered and organized throughout the year. They also need to remain up-to-date on the latest changes in accounting and tax laws, regulations and codes. A tax manager’s duties also include administrative and clerical tasks in addition to offering tax advice.
In your tax manager job description, be sure to indicate that you desire candidates who have at least a bachelor’s degree and up-to-date CPA certification. Depending on your business, you might be better off with someone who has experience.
Tax managers should possess analytical skills and attention to detail. What’s more is they should be able to maintain and build relationships with various clients.
Tax Manager Job Description Template
Do your friends come to you for financial advice? Are you up-to-date on the latest tax requirements and laws? Become our next tax manager and help keep our company and clients compliant and our financial house in order. This position offers superior balance between your work life and your personal life, even during the chaotic tax season. We do everything we can to make sure you never feel stifled, bored or unstimulated while you’re with us. See what it’s like to work with a business management and accounting firm that cares just as much about maintaining client and employee relationships as it does creating them.
- Gather and organize all necessary company and client tax documentation on an ongoing basis in accordance with the latest federal and state requirements.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest tax and accounting laws, regulations, codes and theories to ensure that the company remains fully compliant.
- Ensure records and computer system remain up-to-date, well-organized and protected through weekly checks.
- Review and complete yearly federal and state tax returns, helping to ensure the company and clients are ready for the next tax season through periodic monitoring of tax-related activities.
- Offer tax and related financial advice and communicate recommendations at scheduled meetings.
- Answer tax questions as they come up to help educate clients and company personnel (you can expect most of your inquiries during tax season).
- Provide tax planning, tax saving and tax preparation services and strategies as needed or when the opportunity becomes available.
- Handle administrative and clerical duties on a daily basis to satisfy clients and keep company current on tax responsibilities and deadlines.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- Current CPA certification
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail
- Business management work history
- Experience with corporate and partnership taxes and all related regulations and laws
- Background with building and maintaining client relationships