Use this professional created Senior Financial Analyst job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Senior financial analysts manage a firm’s financial team, analyze market trends, and provide financial guidance to the firm’s clients. They analyze company operations and make strategy recommendations to improve efficiency and success. They also typically provide tax-planning services for clients.
Your senior financial analyst job description should reference educational background, such as CPA licensing or a bachelor’s degree in financing if necessary. Strong managerial and leadership qualities are necessary for senior financial analysts to oversee teams and delegate tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position should be technically savvy and able to navigate word processing and accounting software. Computer proficiency is needed to analyze data, notice trends, develop portfolios, and make forecasts.
Senior Financial Analyst Job Description Template
With offices all across the country, we are one of the largest accounting firms in the world. We employ a global approach to finances that puts our clients first. Our financial team is dedicated to helping everyone the company comes in contact with and giving them the edge they need to stay ahead in their finances. We are looking to hire an addition to our financial team: a senior financial analyst. This professional will perform managerial and analytical responsibilities, as well as provide financial consultation to clients; if you prioritize communication and have a results-oriented approach to finances, consider applying.
- Lead the financial team, taking time to delegate work, assign certain clients to team members, and resolve issues among employees.
- Perform research on the current market in order to help the company remain relevant in the ever-changing world of finance.
- Gather statistics and general data and organize it into a useful form; conduct analysis of company operations in order to develop improvements and make recommendations for strategies to heighten efficiency and success.
- Present company progress to a board of directors on a monthly basis, make suggestions, and advise on areas that need improvement.
- Work alongside clients to offer financial advice.
- Provide tax planning and tax compliance consultation services for the corporations and small businesses that come to our company for help.
- Interview potential additions to the financing team and aid in the hiring process.
- Train new employees to properly integrate them into the rest of the work force; conduct occasional training events to ensure all team members are performing at the required skill level and maintaining the financial knowledge needed to stay effective.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in the financial world
- 2 to 3 years of managerial experience
- CPA and all other relevant certification
- Technically savvy and hold computer knowledge
- MBA and/or CFA