Senior Accountant Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Senior Accountant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Senior accountants perform essential job duties that support the general financial health of a company. They work with a variety of company accounts and vendors and make sure all details related to payments and collection are accurate. They are also responsible for ensuring company accounting practices are within compliance of local or other regulations.
An ideal senior accountant should have a strong understanding of numbers. In your senior accountant job description, be sure to include information about the importance of honesty and integrity. People in this position may be required to work with sensitive financial or personal data.
Additionally, organizational skills are a must-have for an effective job description. Senior accountants must also demonstrate proficiency with computer accounting software to be successful in this role. People in this job are often tasked with heading a team or an entire department, so supervisory experience is usually preferable.
Senior Accountant Job Description Template
Being a part of our finance department is more than working with numbers. As a senior accountant, you will be primarily responsible for leading our accounting team and providing directives for achieving organizational goals. You will lead and participate in important tasks such as running audits, reconciling accounts, and compiling quarterly and annual financial reports. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with numbers and is thorough and honest in the way they handle their work. If you have considerable accounting experience, want to work in a fast-paced environment, and are interested in being employed by an industry leader, this is your opportunity.
- Establish and strengthen vendor relationships to encourage timely payment and professional monetary dealings.
- Perform account reconciliations on a regular basis to determine which accounts need to be flagged for further payment and to stay up-to-date with vendor needs.
- Facilitate the collection of various payments and determine the proper allocation of each payment to maintain organized and fully disclosed financials.
- Work as the primary liaison between our banks and financial providers to ensure communication is relayed and translated in a timely and effective manner.
- Investigate queries stemming from internal and external sources, and develop creative and strategic solutions to strengthen relationships and maintain a positive company image and reputation.
- Compile quarterly and annual financial reports, and confidently debrief them to departmental staff and executive management.
- Perform regular audits to monitor accounting processes so the company stays in compliance with organizational directives and legal requirements.
- Maintain an organized workplace and database to effectively and confidentially store classified information, and monitor access by certified users.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- At least 10 years of accounting experience
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of Oracle
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus
- Experience in auditing and compilation of financial documents
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Accounting and Finance Job Descriptions