Use this professional created Financial Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Financial managers are tasked with keeping a company or organization in proper financial standing. Common job duties include drafting financial statements, supervising employees, offering financial advice and keeping a close eye on the company’s financial data. There are different categories of financial manager, including insurance manager, chief financial officer and credit manager.
In your financial manager job description, be sure you request applicants who have at least a bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting or business administration. Depending on your company or organization and your specific needs, you might require someone who has a master’s degree.
In regards to the most essential professional qualities, you’ll likely want someone with analytical and communication skills, as well as someone who pays attention to small details and comprehends financial documents. You might also desire a financial manager who has earned voluntary professional certification.
Financial Manager Job Description Template
If you have previous experience working in financial management and are looking for an opportunity to progress on to a leadership position, we are offering you the opportunity to take that next step in your career. As our financial manager, you will personally oversee all activities related to budgeting, accounts receivable, asset and liability management, and tax preparation. This position offers you the chance to work with our management team in analyzing financial data and determining revenue-related goals for our organization. Aside from the valuable leadership experience that this role offers, you will also be provided with plenty of networking opportunities working with our many external stakeholders.
- Oversee all activities related to budgeting, invoicing and payroll, as well as month-end and quarterly reconciliation, contributing your own expertise and stepping in to assist our financial analysts as needed.
- Serve as our main point of contact with the banks and service providers with whom we have assets invested and who provide us utility services to help support our operations.
- Interpret all of our financial data and perform cost-risk analysis in order to offer your professional opinion as to where we should be allocating our company’s assets.
- Analyze the expenditures of our various departments to determine where they are in relation to annual budgeting expectations to determine where resources may be redirected in order to compensate for deficits and surpluses.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports in regards to all of the financial aspects of our organization to be shared at executive team meetings and with our external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all financial documentation is stored both in hard copy and digitally according to our predetermined guidelines.
- Work with our accounting team to help prepare quarterly tax statements and assist in the preparation and review of our financial records in the event of an external audit.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, statistics or related field
- Five years of prior experience in accounting, financial services, AR, budget analysis, and/or tax preparation
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (including Access), as well as data warehousing programs
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration
- Previous leadership experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and oral communication skills