Use this professional created Financial Analyst job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Financial analysts assist organizations and individuals to make sound investments. They evaluate the performance of investments such as stocks and bonds. Financial analysts generally examine an organization’s financial statements and determine its value. They also tend to assess the management team’s abilities.
Your financial analyst job description should include the necessary education background, such as FINRA licensure or CFA certification. Financial analysts are constantly processing complex information to find profitable investments, so analytical skills are a must-have for an ideal candidate.
Strong decision-making skills are necessary to recommend buying, holding, or selling a security. A good financial analyst is detail-oriented when reviewing potential investments because small issues can have large implications on the future of an investment.
Financial Analyst Job Description Template
Our success has been greatly fueled by our efforts to maintain a strong financial position, eliminate debt, and pursue promising investment opportunities. As a financial analyst, you will contribute firsthand to the development, creation, and implementation of financial strategies that will propel our company into an increasingly successful future. If you are a team player who excels at analyzing descriptive and detailed financial data to discover opportunities for our company to grow, prosper, and gain a competitive edge, then we need you on our team. If you desire to work in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working with numbers and figures, and have a knack for forecasting, this could be the job for you.
- Implement proven forecasting methods to project future sales and determine appropriate financing to cover costs associated with marketing, advertisement, and distribution.
- Develop unique and effective performance indicators and metrics for comparison to aid in determining the effectiveness of various financial strategies.
- Participate in market analysis to identify new opportunities, assess risks, and create plans for successful infiltration.
- Create and compile analysis information into spreadsheets, documents, and reports for dissemination to executive management.
- Debrief and educate departmental staff and executive management on the company’s financial status, current strategies, and plans for growth.
- Perform audits on financial processes and work directly with the accounting department to ensure alignment with company standards, legal requirements, and ethical practices.
- Provide a detailed commentary to executive management about the organization’s performance in relation to financial objectives and strategies.
- Work closely with executive management to discuss and determine financial benchmarks, strategy, and attainment of organizational goals.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of five years working in financial planning
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Familiarity with common database analysis systems and accounting software
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Essebase, and PeopleSoft