Use this professional created Sales Consultant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Applicants for a sales consultant position should be very comfortable on the phone, as the main responsibility of the position requires cold calls to businesses. Internet skills are also important because finding some leads requires the use of email and social media. A sales consultant should be very comfortable speaking in front of people in order to present and demonstrate products and services.
Your job description should indicate how much sales experience is required and make it clear that applicants must be team players. They should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your sales consultant job description should detail how much travel is required as well as indicate the need for passionate, creative thinkers who can meet or exceed sales goals each month or quarter.
Sales Consultant Job Description Template
Can you sell? Do you know what the modern consumer wants? If so, we want to hear from you. At our company we’re building a team of the very best of the best, and our training and coaching programs are so good and so comprehensive that, for us, it’s more important to find the applicant that’s passionate about selling and just needs the right opportunity to grow than any specific combination of education and experience. (Though if you have any that apply, we’d love to hear about it!) Join our team as a sales consultant and experience what it’s like to be at the front lines of an established yet always improving company, and have a real impact on the future of the business and the happiness of our customers.
- Make cold calls to new businesses in your target area and work to set up further meetings with them.
- Consult with warm leads about the best ways to meet their business needs, and aim to close sales.
- Utilize social media, phone calls, emails, in-person visits and other methods to reach potential customers and build strong relationships with them.
- Conduct presentations to demonstrate to possible clients the benefits our products could have for them.
- Maintain relationships with current clients to generate more repeat business and maintain high rates of customer satisfaction.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals monthly and quarterly for target geographical area.
- Serve as an expert in our product offerings and be a go-to source for customers who want to learn more about our products.
- Travel two to four times a year to tradeshows and other industry events to identify new leads.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Two years of sales experience of any kind
- Willingness to learn and be coached by senior sales professionals
- Team player attitude
- Passion for selling and finding ways to meet customer’s needs
- Experience selling to business customers in fast-paced industries