Use this professional created Market Research Analyst job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Market research analysts are a vital component to many different companies, as they evaluate current market conditions. This information helps businesses make important decisions, such as identifying their target audience and choosing how they will market their products to the public. These professionals also analyze data involving product price.
Companies may want to create a market research analyst job description that lists research and organizational skills as a prerequisite for the position. Analysts, who are often under pressure to meet tight deadlines and follow schedules, should be able to work well in stressful situations.
Market research analysts must know how to perform research, read statistical information and understand trends in the market. This will help companies promote products and may contribute to the overall success of the company.
Market Research Analyst Job Description Template
If you have a talent for analytical thinking and enjoy researching data to help predict future behavior, our team could greatly benefit from such passion and skills. We are seeking a market research analyst to help assist our executive team in making effective marketing and advertising decisions. This role will include analyzing both quantitative and qualitative consumer data secured from surveying and through industry publications, and comparing that data to current client and market trends. Subsequent data modeling and predictive analysis will then allow the insight needed in order for our organization to make informed decisions in regards to our various consumer segments. Your work will not only contribute to profitability of our company, but could also potentially be used to develop new industry standards.
- Query our extensive data warehouse to collect the data that will serve as the basis for your research and analysis.
- Coordinate with other members of our market research staff to identify targeted areas of analysis and to see where your individual work may be used to support that of others.
- Familiarize yourself with the various data collection processes used to populate our data warehouse through speaking with members of our marketing department and/or the front-line employees or survey services that collect responses directly from consumers.
- Use the most up-to-date statistical analysis software programs to help identify trends and convert raw data into actionable information.
- Study industry publications as well as the research results from competing organizations in order to offer a frame of reference for your own findings.
- Prepare reports based upon the results of your research to be shared with our marketing, advertising, and research and development teams, as well as with our executive committee.
- Offer suggestions on improvements that may be made in the data collection process as well as in the tools needed to provide more accurate analysis.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, marketing or a related field
- Knowledge of SQL, Access and Tableau
- One year of experience in market research or past participation in predictive data modeling project
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to correctly interpret data without the assistance of software applications
- Skilled at working with others in a team atmosphere and communicating complex results in laymen’s terms