Use this professional created Quality Engineer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Quality engineers are responsible for ensuring that every product produced by a company meets the desired standards. They often test and monitor existing products, making sure that no substandard items are produced. They may also be responsible for updating or redesigning manufacturing and development processes in order to ensure the best possible result is achieved. Quality engineering generally involves solving existing problems and implementing new solutions.
A quality engineer usually has at least a bachelor’s degree and a great deal of experience working in their chosen field. Often, they are placed in management positions, so leadership experience is highly beneficial.
A quality engineer job description should mention desirable qualities, such as communications skills and a desire for teamwork. Excellent problem-solving abilities are also very important.
Quality Engineer Job Description Template
When customers buy our products, they count on us to provide each item with quality and consistency. A quality engineer is one of the primary personnel responsible for ensuring this happens. We are looking for somebody who is dedicated, meticulous and passionate in their commitment to producing great products. If you have these traits and a desire to pioneer the future of quality for a company, we have a position you might be interested in. As a quality engineer, you can take advantage of our support team and develop your own applications for intuitively controlling the results of production. We invite you to submit your resume if you have the skills necessary to take on such a role.
- Test existing production tools and new ones to gauge effectiveness, safety and efficiency when used.
- Strategize to develop new software, hardware and other applications that can achieve safety goals and support streamlined production.
- Support the rest of your team through collaboration and sharing of ideas to bolster the collective goal of improving safety and product quality.
- Report any problems in current protocol and suggest possible solutions that may support product quality more effectively.
- Improve the end result through innovation, application of unique tools, development of new techniques and many other methods.
- Develop new ways to monitor, gauge and improve the quality of the materials being produced.
- Apply proven methods and tools to maintain and improve standards of quality throughout every step of the production process.
- Produce consistently high-quality products that meet internal standards and the standards of clients as well.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Familiarity with relevant hardware and software, and knowledge of standard safety practices
- Exemplary written and spoken communication abilities
- Minimum of five years of experience in the field
- Ability to lead a team and manage projects
- Capacity to work either independently or in a group