Use this professional created Dentist job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Dentists help treat oral health problems that have developed in a patient’s mouth. They fill in cavities and can apply various dental restorations to damaged teeth. They are also responsible for making any appliances an individual needs, such as dentures. This requires an expertise in taking X-rays and making molds.
Dentists need to either receive a DMD, DDM or DDS from a dental program. These programs can only be entered after receiving a bachelor’s degree. Your dentist job description also needs to have information about how applicants need to be licensed in your state.
Dentists need to be problem solvers to determine the best treatment for a patient’s condition. Leadership skills are valuable because dentists need to lead their teams. An eye for detail is also essential so that a dentist can make a perfect restoration.
Dentist Job Description Template
Our newly renovated office is currently looking for a general dentist who enjoys working in a relaxed yet professional atmosphere. As a dentist, you have a chance to use both your exceptional interpersonal communication skills while working with patients and your technical knowledge of oral hygiene and health as you perform various procedures involving the mouth and teeth. You’ll have the chance to work with patients of all ages in all stages of life to guarantee that their teeth are healthy and their mouths are happy. Our dentists are committed to the highest standard of patient care, and we offer access to state-of-the-art technology and tools to make your job more exciting and efficient.
- Examine gums and teeth with x-rays, dental instruments or additional diagnostic equipment to diagnose disease, evaluate dental health and plan customized treatments.
- Formulate and create treatment plans on an individual basis after a thorough exam.
- Diagnose oral health disease and provide appropriate treatment for malformations of the teeth or gums, injuries, or any other related part of the mouth.
- Offer corrective or preventive services in the case of disease or malformation in the mouth.
Instruct and advise patients on the best ways to care for their gums and teeth and how to keep their mouths healthy.
- Treat exposed or diseased pulp, tissue and teeth with a variety of treatments, including dental crowns, fillings and other restorative procedures.
- Prescribe antibiotics or pain medications for those dealing with infection or pain from an incident that is tooth related.
- Advise patients regarding the best course of treatment and provide a customized exam and plan for each individual, recognizing that every patient is unique.
- DDS, DD or DMD
- Current state license to practice dentistry
- Malpractice liability insurance
- 3-5 years of experience at a dental practice
- Professional, friendly demeanor, and excellent communication skills