Jobs in Jeffersonville Township, IN
- 755,838 Resumes
- 5,520 Jobs Available
- 60,408 Population
- $45,000 Average Salary
Jeffersonville Township is an urban location in Clark County, IN. The area’s main features seem to be its two water features – Brick House Pond and Silver Lakes – as well as its wide array of cemeteries, many of which are largely historical in nature. Despite the promise of peace and quiet offered by this town, anyone looking to apply for employment in the area should first take a moment to attempt to learn a bit more about the job market, various job prospects and average wages offered to those who live and work in the area. The following may help anyone to locate and obtain jobs in Jeffersonville Township, IN.
Thanks to its location just north of Louisville, there are plenty of manufacturing and shipping jobs available in this area. As of October 2015, the unemployment rate of this area was estimated at 3.8%, far beneath the national average of 5.3%, meaning that jobs in Jeffersonville Township, IN should be plentiful for those on the search. Most of these jobs can be found in the trade and transportation, education and health services, professional and business services, government, or manufacturing industries. Between 2014 and 2015, there was a significant growth of jobs in the professional and business services industry, and an even larger leap in the manufacturing industry. Subsequently, the career with the largest number of employees is laborers and freight/stock movers, which is closely followed by food prep/fast food workers and waiters, retail salespersons and registered nurses. Due to the concentration of retail and manual labor jobs, the rate of pay the average resident of this area will experience is below the average national weekly pay rate of $1,048, with each employee making between $700 and $799 weekly.
Potential employers will oftentimes view a resume only at a glance before moving on. Therefore, it is important to have a resume that is to the point but leaves out none of your accomplishments. Here are some pointers on how to build your resume:
1. Triple check your grammar. Even a single mistake could make the whole document seem sloppy.
2. Ensure that your email address you place in your contact information sounds professional.
3. Place an emphasis on any skills you have which might apply to the field you wish to join.
4. Place your most relevant information at the beginning of the resume. This way, if an employer simply glances over the document, chances are the important parts will still be seen.
5. Be sure to use active verbs when describing past accomplishments in the work force.
Hunting for jobs in Jeffersonville Township, just like searching anywhere else across the country, can be made simple by taking the correct steps. Here are a few tips on how to make your search more effective:
1. Do your research. Networking with friends, family or past employees at a business you’re interested in can do wonders for your thought processes and approach to your application.
2. An estimated 45% of employers now find employees on social media. Therefore developing an online presence is a must for anyone entering into the current job market.
3. Be confident. Taking responsibility for the search and refusing to rely solely on connections can go a long way during a job hunt.
4. Know your options and limitations. Are you looking to enter into an entirely new field? Consider training that might be necessary in order to accomplish this.
5. Look for the unexpected. Sometimes open positions might be under your nose in the form of a small business.