Jobs in Jackson Township, NJ
- 25,166 Jobs Available
- 56,449 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Jackson Township, New Jersey, is a part of Ocean County. Kingda Ka, the world’s tallest roller coaster as of 2014, calls Jackson Township home. This type of geographical and attraction information is interesting, but as you search for jobs in Jackson Township, you have to learn more about the job market. Learn about some preliminary job prospects, how to find jobs, resume tips and salary information.
Currently the unemployment rate in Ocean County is 6.7 percent, while the average rate of the United States is 5.3 percent. This number shows that the job market in the area is quite challenging. The top five performing industries in the area are education and health services; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government; and leisure and hospitality. Education and health services has grown the most over the past year at 3.4 percent. The largest occupations in the area are retail salesperson, office clerk and janitor. The average weekly wage in Ocean County is $899, which is significantly less than the average weekly wage in the United States of $1,048.
Your resume is an important part of your job search, but it is also something that can get messed up easily. Use these five tips to create a resume that will actually help you in your job search:
1. Don’t make your resume too broad, instead focus on how your experience, skills and personality traits will help you in the position in question.
2. Don’t be afraid to use different formats for different sections. Your experience would be best in a list, but your summary would be better in a paragraph.
3. Do create content that interests specific employers by incorporating keywords into your resume.
4. Do try to keep your resume to one or two pages depending on how much experience you have.
5. Don’t use colors in your scheme. Certain occupations can get away with it, but for the most part black and white is the only appropriate color scheme.
Finding jobs in Jackson Township, like the rest of the United States, can be a difficult process. If you take the right actions, you can make it all a little easier. Use these five tips to make your job search easier:
1. Get advice. People in your network may have sage advice that they can give you, you just have to be willing to ask for it. Perform informational interviews, go to career centers and just generally be willing to ask for advice.
2. Talk to potential employers who don’t have positions available. With a challenging industry you aren’t always going to be able to find the perfect job posting. Instead consider cold calling companies you really want to work for. If you do this, you have to have an idea of what you can do for the company before you get in contact with them.
3. Reach out to companies before you apply. If you do find a job posting online or in the newspaper, consider researching the company before you apply. Then use your network to find a connection and reach out to that person to let them know that you’re applying. Having someone on the inside, so to speak, can help your resume stand out more.
4. Realize that you have to start somewhere. Many people start out looking for their dream job. Instead you should look at the potential of a company. Can you see yourself working for them in five or ten years? It’s okay to start in a position that you may not love just so you are working in a company that you have potential in.
5. Use social media. Getting in contact with a company can be challenging, but many companies are now using social media. Make your profiles professional, and then start commenting on their posts, and sharing your own career-related information.