1. How would you describe yourself?
2. What specific goals have you established for your career?
3. What will it take to attain your goals, and what steps have you taken toward attaining them?
4. Please describe the ideal job for you.
5. How do you determine or evaluate success? Give me an example of one of your successful accomplishments.
6. Do you have the qualifications and personal characteristics necessary for success in your chosen career?
7. How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team?
8. What short-term goals and objectives have you established for yourself?
9. How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict?
10. Given the investment our company will make in hiring and training you, can you give us a reason to hire you?
11. Describe what you’ve accomplished toward reaching a recent goal for yourself.
12. Can you describe your long-range goals and objectives?
13. What major problem have you had to deal with recently? How did you handle it?
14. What plans do you have for continued study? An advanced degree?
15. Describe the characteristics of a successful manager.
16. Tell me what you know about our company.
17. Why do you think you might like to live in the community in which our company is located?
18. Would it be a problem for you to relocate?
19. To what extent would you be willing to travel for the job?
20. Tell me about the salary range you’re seeking.
Want a list of these traditional interview questions? Click on this link to open a new browser window with just the questions: 20 Traditional Job Interview Questions for Experienced Job-Seekers/Career Changers.