You will go on numerous interviews throughout your lifetime, and for each and every one, there are certain tips you should follow. Every interview will be different in its own way. Every hiring manager will ask different questions. Every interviewer will have a different personality. However, there are certain things that every potential employer is looking for, and you need to showcase those specific aspects during the meeting. Likewise, there are certain things that need to be avoided at all costs in order to make the best first impression. By following the subsequent tips, you will be in a great position to land the job of your dreams.
Here are some tips you should absolutely abide by in your interview:
- Do prepare answers to common interview questions.
- Do get a good night’s rest.
- Do shower and brush your teeth before you go in.
- Do give a firm handshake to the interviewer.
- Do maintain eye contact throughout the interview
- Do try to get business cards.
Following these basic rules is a great way to make yourself stand apart from the other applicants by showing you have the greatest interest in getting the job.
There are a lot of things you can do to showcase your skills and interest level, but there are also a large number of ways to completely tank an interview.
- Don’t dress inappropriately.
- Don’t arrive late.
- Don’t chew gum during the interview.
- Don’t give a limp, sweaty or clammy handshake.
- Don’t look at your cell phone.
- Don’t avoid asking any questions at the end.
This may seem like a lot to remember, but most of it is pretty intuitive to how you would make a solid first impression. With the proper etiquette, solid responses and an upbeat attitude, you will nail every single interview you go in for.