Jobs in Huntley, IL
- 70 Resumes
- 17,885 Jobs Available
- 25,603 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Huntley, Illinois, is a suburb of Chicago that sits in both McHenry and Kane Counties. It is known for its full brick-paved street and 1950s-style diner. This type of information is often interesting, but as you search for jobs in Huntley, you will be better off gathering information related to the job market of the area. You can get some preliminary data here that will help you in your job search.
The average unemployment rates in Kane and McHenry Counties are 4.8 percent and 5.4 percent respectively, while the average unemployment rate in the entire United States is 5.3 percent. This shows that the job market in Huntley is challenging but promising. The top performing industries in the greater Chicago area include trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; education and health services; government; and leisure and hospitality. However, the construction sector has grown the most in the past year at 5.4 percent. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, hand laborer, office clerk and cashier. The average weekly wage in McHenry County is $799, Kane County is $899 and the United States is $1,048.
Because your resume is a critical part of your job search, you have to do what you can to create an outstanding, error-free document. Consider these tips as you build your own resume:
1. Put your information in an order that is important to the employer. For your experience section that means: the position title, the company name, the city and state of the company and the dates of employment.
2. Some jobseekers inadvertently omit the location of their past jobs, but you should make sure to always include it.
3. There are two types of orders commonly used for resumes: functional and reverse-chronological. You want to use a hybrid of the two.
4. Avoid using weak verbs throughout your resume, especially throughout your experience section.
5. Whenever you can, you should include accomplishments on your resume.
Finding jobs in Huntley, like in the rest of the country, requires that you take the right kind of actions. Use these tips to make the job search a little more manageable:
1. Don’t just search through the classifieds. Looking in the newspaper and on online job posting sites is a great place to start your search, but you should look in a lot of other places as well. You do want to use the classifieds, but many companies aren’t posting all of their openings like they used to.
2. Scour your industry. A lot of the online job search tools allow you to actually search by industry. You can also visit company websites as a way to thoroughly check out the opportunities available in your particular industry. Targeting one industry is a good way to find a specific type of opportunity, so if you’re looking for something a bit more general, this may not be the way you want to go.
3. Customize your resume. As you search for jobs in Huntley, one of the most important things you can do is work on your resume. You should be customizing it to fit the specific needs of certain hiring managers. You can learn more about creating the best resume as you keep reading.
4. Stay connected. Once you may initial contact with a company, you don’t want to become an afterthought. You have to stay connected with them. You can stay on their radar by sending follow-up emails, thank you notes and calling them. Be persistent without being too much of a pest.
5. Turn to your network. Networking is another important part of the job search. You should talk with friends, professionals that you know and anyone who might be able to help you get connected to a company, learn about new job openings or gather information.