Howell Township Jobs At A Glance
Howell Township, New Jersey is a smaller community located in Monmouth County. The city hosts a population a little over 50,000 and has shown a strong increase in population over the previous few decades. The city has beautiful greenery and easy access to nearby bigger cities via public transport. Obtaining the best jobs in Howell Township can be much easier if you understand the economic climate of the area, including average salaries, the job prospects and the local job market.
Job Market in Howell Township
Howell Township is located near Trenton, in which there was a decrease in unemployment from 5.3% in 2014 down to 4.4% in 2015. Promisingly, the 2015 unemployment levels are well below the national average of 5.3%. The two largest employers in the area as determined by the 2015 Bureau of Labor statistics data are government followed by education and health services. Subsequently, the following top three employers in the area are professional and business services, trade, transportation and utilities and financial activities. Professional and business services showed a striking 9% increase in employment from 2014 to 2015. The most popular occupations in the area are office and administrative support occupations followed by business and financial operations occupations. The average weekly wage for all the jobs in Howell Township is $1,521, which is significantly higher than the national average of $1,046.
Resume Tips For Howell Township Jobseekers
Your resume will clearly outline why you are the best candidate for the job. Hiring managers will rely on your resume to see how your experiences and character set you apart from others. Regardless of your background, experience and industry, the following points will help you to improve your resume.
1. Focus your resume on highlighting your accomplishments. A resume should not be a list of tasks completed at your previous job. It should outline how you were hardworking and successful in your previous jobs.
2. Quantify your success in your “Experiences” section. Your resume will be greatly improved if it shows specific numbers that back up your success in your previous jobs. Consider including your accuracy rates or the number of specific projects that you completed successfully.
3. In most cases, do not go beyond two pages for the resume. Less is more with a resume.
4. Always be completely truthful on your resume. Any inaccuracies could make you lose a job offer or even your job after you have started.
5. Include multiple ways to contact you on your resume. Be ready to respond quickly when you receive a message regarding your job search.
How to Find Jobs in Howell Township
The most effective job search takes time, persistence and optimism. The following advice will help you to locate the best jobs in Howell Township.
1. Focus on expanding your existing network through communicating with professionals online and in person. Your network will connect you with jobs before they are advertised.
2. Be in charge of your job search. Do not feel like a victim when you are looking for a job. Recognize that you can plan for a successful job search by working hard and being persistent.
3. Apply to every job that even remotely fits your skills. Apply to a wide variety of jobs, even ones that are in a different industry. By so doing, you will encounter more job opportunities.
4. Practice for interviews by looking up frequently asked questions and preparing to answer these questions.
5. Document your emails, calls and applications submitted during your job search. This will help you avoid duplicating your efforts.