Jobs in Homestead, FL
- 540 Resumes
- 3,463 Jobs Available
- 65,524 Population
- $56,000 Average Salary
Being just 50 miles south of Miami, Homestead is a prosperous city with a population above 60,000. It is always important to research the state of the job market and prospects before looking for jobs in Homestead, however. The following information should serve as a starting point for your own research.
The state of the job market in Homestead is just slightly below that of the national average. The average weekly wages are in the mid $900’s, compared to the average of $1,048 for the entire United States. Additionally, the unemployment rate is just a few tenths of a percent above that of the nation. It is currently sitting at 5.9%, but it is also decreasing, being down from 6.5% last year. The largest industries in Homestead are utilities, business services, healthcare, hospitality, and government. Despite this fact, the most common jobs in Homestead are in retail. This group is the largest by a significant margin, although registered nurses are another group on the rise.
It does not matter if you are looking for jobs in Homestead or elsewhere in the country, the resume will always be the key to being hired. While some aspects will be unique for your desired field, some elements of each resume are universal. Always follow these tips.
1. Know exactly what is expected of your resume. The standards for resumes are always changing, so stay up to date and research exactly what your resume should include. Some elements may even be specific to your field.
2. Be specific. It may be tempting to stay general to try and appeal to a broad audience, but you should not be using the same resume for multiple applications anyway. You can always make a resume specific for each job you apply for.
3. Take the time to think about what the reader will think, even before they begin reading. If there are awkward elements, such as large blocks of text or big gaps between content, eliminate them.
4. Be active with your writing. When you start detailing your previous work experiences, do not focus on your responsibilities or information about what the job was like. Use action verbs to communicate what you were actually doing.
5. Take advantage of online resources. There are services available online that will assess, help build, and provide templates for your resume. Utilize these tools to ensure your resume is up to the standard.
When looking for jobs in Homestead, just like when looking for jobs anywhere, be sure to take the right actions. Knowing the best job search practices can significantly increase your chances of being hired, as well as make the search less stressful.
1. Understand that the search may be long. Besides making efforts to stay positive, think about how you will need to change your strategy up after a month or two of looking.
2. Have options. If your search does drag on, be sure to have alternative options. Do not get locked in to searching for a specific kind of job. Know what other industries would still be relevant to your interests.
3. Polish your resume. This is so important to every job search. More details to what makes a strong resume are available below.
4. Be persistent and follow up on leads. After every interview and application, you should be calling the company back and follow up with e-mails. Do not give up until you hear a definitive answer, but move on and dedicate your energy to the next opportunity immediately afterward.
5. Use the resources available to you online. Numerous tools and databases are available for aiding in your search, assessing your resume and experiences, and researching employers.