Jobs in Hoffman Estates, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 40,078 Jobs Available
- 52,347 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
The village of Hoffman Estates is located mainly in Cook County, with a small portion in Kane County. It is a suburb of Chicago. The village is the headquarters for the Sears Holding Corporation and is home to Indoor Football League team, the Chicago Slaughter. Those looking for employment in Hoffman Estates will want to arm themselves with data on salaries and prospects in the local job market to provide clarity to their efforts. Keep reading for a preliminary introduction to jobs in Hoffman Estates.
As a suburb of the largest city in the state, Hoffman Estates offers access to a vibrant job market. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported unemployment has improved substantially from 6.4 percent to 5.3 percent, which matches the national average. The fastest growth in the area is in construction, which showed a 2.5 percent improvement over the previous year. Professional and business services are close behind with 2.2 percent gains, with education and health services following at 2.1 percent. Leisure and hospitality and other services close out the top five sectors for jobs in Hoffman Estates with 1.4 percent and 1.2 percent, respectively. The mining and logging sector saw a substantial decline, posting a drop of 6.3 percent over a 12-month period. Retail sales is the largest occupation in the area, followed by laborers and freight, stock and material movers. Average weekly wages are $1,201, $153 higher than the national average of $1,048.
Getting hired at a good job requires a résumé that doesn’t go straight into the trash. No matter the industry or occupation, following some basic rules can help you create a much more effective pitch. Here are five pointers for crafting a winning résumé.
1. Stay focused. Employers see many résumés, so you need to make sure you create immediate interest. Create a lean document that gets right to the point about who you are, what you can do and why you’re the best person for the job.
2. Toot your own horn. Your résumé is no place to be modest. Feature your achievements prominently to show managers your potential value to their organizations.
3. Put the most important information up front. Organize job history entries so the details a manager most wants to know come first. The most common desired format is – title/position, employer, employer location, employment dates.
4. Highlight your transferable skills. These are things you’ve learned during your career that may also be useful in prospective jobs in Hoffman Estates. Even if you’re changing fields, you may still have developed talents from prior employment that would help you succeed.
5. Proofread your résumé to make sure it’s free of grammar and spelling errors. You don’t want to leave a bad impression.
Planning and making good decisions as you build your strategy can really boost your job search. Here are some simple tips to help you get the best results in your quest for jobs in Hoffman Estates.
1. Take assessments to illuminate your interests and abilities. It’s good to develop a clear idea of your goals and a realistic appraisal of your skill set.
2. Read professional journals to stay on top of the latest developments and challenges in your chosen industry. This could help you refine your capabilities and improve your job search.
3. Research prospective employers to gain valuable insight. Look for information about their corporate cultures, their current and expected needs and their employees’ levels of satisfaction.
4. Fully utilize your network. Reach out to your circle of colleagues, friends and family to discover opportunities and make connections you might not have been able to by yourself. You never know what – or whom – someone in your network may know that could help you find good jobs in Hoffman Estates.
5. Make daily or weekly schedules to structure your efforts. Staying organized is important when undertaking a complex task such as hunting for a job.