Jobs in Hercules, CA
- 352,221 Resumes
- 74,799 Jobs Available
- 25,086 Population
- $76,000 Average Salary
Hercules, a small but dynamic city located in the San Francisco Bay area of coastal California, is home to 25,060 residents, as of the 2010 census. The city is located in western Contra Costa County and is just 10 miles from Berkeley. Hercules is a lively city of 18 square miles, 11 of which are covered by the sea waters of the bay area. To find out more about employment opportunities, such as what it takes to get jobs in Hercules, the average wages in the area and the major industries with the largest workforces, keep reading.
With its low unemployment rates and primetime location near San Francisco and Berkeley, Hercules enjoys access to a diverse array of jobs. Contra Costa County has an unemployment rate of 4.6 percent, which is less than the national average of 5.3 percent. Professional and business services is the top employing industry in the bay area, followed by trade, transportation and utilities. Education and health services ranks in third place, followed by government and then by leisure and hospitality, which grew 2.2 percent in 2014-2015. Retail salespersons, office clerks and cleaners and janitors represent the largest jobs in Hercules. The average weekly wage in the area is $1,486, which is quite a bit higher than $1,048, the national average.
Armed and ready with the right resume, you’re sure to be a hero among those searching for jobs in Hercules. Follow these tips to make your resume relevant, attractive and appealing to those who may read it.
1. Kick your resume up a notch by adding in industry-relevant keywords and a branding statement at the top that quickly pitches what you do best to the reader.
2. Shape up the appearance of your resume by making sure the white space isn’t dominated by text, using no more than two fonts, using bold and italics sparingly to make a point and employing bullet points throughout.
3. Pay attention to the order that the sections of your resume are in. Ideally, they should be in order from most interesting to least interesting, according to the reader’s point of view.
4. Beyond educational and professional experiences, feel free to include information on your resume such as certifications, licenses, special awards, an accomplishments summary, travel and languages.
5. Don’t make the mistake of submitting your resume without it being edited for typos or omissions of information. In addition, make sure never to lie on a resume.
Finding jobs in Hercules is no small task, but it is one that can be made much easier with the help of some simple tips. It is a good idea to stick with these simple rules when job hunting in the new economy.
1. Don’t tackle your job search without a plan in place for how you will proceed, and to what end. It is important to know where you are going and what steps you plan on taking to get there.
2. Use the time you have between jobs to determine what kind of long-term career you are really looking for, and whether it is in your current field or perhaps in a different industry or even occupation.
3. Make social media benefit you by cleaning up and professionalizing any personal profiles you have, posting your resume online and sharing news of your job search with others via the internet.
4. Ace the interview by not only being prepared with questions for the hiring manager, but also being prepared to prove your worthiness as a candidate that can either save or make the company in time or resources.
5. Look no further than your local career center or job seeker’s support group to find resources that will be invaluable to your search, such as local listings, skills assessment tests and more.