Jobs in Henrietta, NY
- 184,093 Resumes
- 2,427 Jobs Available
- 43,639 Population
- $42,000 Average Salary
Located in Monroe County, Henrietta is a suburb of Rochester, NY, with a population of 42,581 according to the 2010 U.S. Census. It is the home of the Rochester Institute of Technology and has one of the largest retail districts in the county. Read more to learn about the economic outlook and opportunities for jobs in Henrietta.
The job market in Henrietta including the metropolis of Rochester continues to show steady gains. From November 2014 to the same month in 2015, the unemployment rate dropped from the national average of 5.3% down to 4.6%. The highest area of employment in Henrietta is education and health services followed by trade, transportation and utilities. Office and administrative positions are the top occupations and education, training and library jobs are in second place. Both areas boast employment numbers higher than the national average. The weekly wages in Henrietta and the area around Monroe County are $901, lower than the national average of $1,048.
Shine the spotlight on your skills and abilities with an excellent resume. This continues to be the “go-to” document for prospective employers. Follow these tips for your resume to rise to the top and step into your next career move.
1. If you haven’t heard back from a job application or interview, it’s okay to follow up. Employers like an employee with good communication skills. It could be that point of contact that helps to land your next job.
2. Don’t be afraid to be creative with templates. As long as the format has easy readability and consistent format throughout, you can go beyond basic Microsoft Word templates to make your resume shine.
3. Quantifying your experience provides hiring managers with solid facts and figures. Use phrases like “managed a team of 10” or “sold $25,000 over sales goals 6 months in a row”. This gives them specifics to utilize toward their hiring needs.
4. Obtain an entrepreneurial mindset. While you are searching for a full-time job, consider contract work or consulting stints. This can provide lucrative financial benefits while filling in the space in your resume.
5. Keep your formatting consistent throughout the document and proofread very carefully. Simple errors can be missed by a grammar and spellcheck but can be a real turn-off for employers.
Finding jobs in Henrietta requires a broad-based perspective including focus on organization, initiative and determination. Follow these job-seeking tips to make your search easier and more efficient.
1. Increase your efficiency with planning your weekly strategies and goals for applications. This will maximize the efforts of your time spent on your job search.
2. LinkedIn is a very helpful online social media tool, but it is not the only one that can help you with your job search. Searching company Twitter feeds and hashtags of industry keywords can bring a lot of leads. Company Facebook pages can also provide valuable information.
3. Networking is not a one-way street. Be reciprocal and help others. When they hear of a lead on a job, they will remember what you did for them.
4. Stretch the reach of your job search as far as possible. Other industries may be looking for someone with your skill set to apply to their business model.
5. Polish your resume with an eye for focus and proofread carefully. Misspellings and vague language are common reasons resumes get passed on by the hiring manager.