Jobs in Henderson, NV
- 755,838 Resumes
- 2,064 Jobs Available
- 277,440 Population
- $46,000 Average Salary
Henderson, NV is a major city that is part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area for statistical data. Ranked as one of the top and safest cities to live in the country, Henderson is popular with both young couples and those who are more established in their careers. Jobs in Henderson include positions working for the city government, in health care and for retail chains, but you may find some specialty jobs that utilize your unique skills as well. Use every resource available to learn about average salaries, the Henderson job market and guidance that will help you on your search.
Though some residents of Henderson commute to nearby Las Vegas for work, others prefer working closer to home. The Las Vegas metropolitan area has a total workforce of more than one million people. Though its unemployment rate is 6.8%, the city witnessed a slight reduction in its unemployment rate, which is still higher than the national average. Major industries include construction, professional services, education, health care and hospitality. The trade and financial activities industries reported a slight decrease in available jobs over the last year. Retail sales, wait staff, cleaners, cashiers and food workers represent the top jobs in the city, and the average weekly wage is a little higher than the national average.
Your resume lets you highlight all the reasons employers should contact you and can make the search for jobs in Henderson much easier. Take a look at some simple do's and do not's of resume writing.
1. Do customize or tailor your resume to include information listed in the job posting.
2. Do not include a list of accomplishments unless each item on the list showcases you and your work.
3. Do not use an immature email address or one that might make employers think twice about hiring you.
4. Do list between one and three jobs that you held in a chronological order with the most recent listed first.
5. Do not include any skills that you do not have or lie about any job titles you held.
With thousands of people searching for jobs in Henderson, it's important that you understand what steps you should take to find your next job.
1. Use both online and offline methods to search for jobs, including checking for postings on job boards and looking through the local paper.
2. Stay informed about job fairs and other employment events that take place in your area.
3. Dress professionally when attending networking events and job fairs to project a professional attitude.
4. Contact the alumni office at your former college or university to find graduates working in the city and in your field.
5. Take online classes or classes through a local college to keep your skills and knowledge fresh.