Jobs in Henderson, KY
- 44,127 Resumes
- 18,656 Jobs Available
- 28,900 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Located in Henderson County, Henderson is part of the Evansville Metropolitan Area, also known as “Kentuckiana.” As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 28,757. The area has been ranked as one of the state’s soybean and corn producers, and there is a substantial production industry in the county. To gain a clear understanding of the economic outlook of the area, look into the average salary and prospects for jobs in Henderson.
Henderson County, which includes Henderson, has experienced mild economic growth, and between 2014 and 2015 the unemployment rate dropped from 4.9 percent to 4.6 percent, which is substantially lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The trade, transportation and utilities industry offers the greatest number of jobs in the area followed by the education and health services, manufacturing and professional and business services sectors. The professional and business services industry has experienced the greatest amount of growth between 2014 and 2015. The most common position held in the area is retail salesperson followed by combined food preparation and service worker. The average weekly salary in the county is less than $749, and the national average weekly salary is $1,048.
Your resume is an essential piece in succeeding your search for jobs in Henderson. Follow these resume do’s and don’ts to craft a winning resume.
1. Don’t use the resume template in word. Create a unique format that can help you stand out just a little bit.
2. Do avoid being overly creative. You want your resume to standout but it also needs to easily readable and professional. Make sure the formatting fits the tone of the industry you are applying to.
3. Don’t use paragraph form. You want to avoid long sentences and paragraphs when describing your skills and experiences. Create concise lists that get to the point efficiently. This helps your skills to come through.
4. Do use bullet points. Make sure your lists are clearly bulleted as this will help separate points and again make them easier to read for hiring managers.
5. Do avoid repetition. Make sure that you aren’t simply repeating common terms as you list your experiences. Look for repetitions of words like “assisted,” “managed” and “organized. ” You want to show that you have a breadth of experience, so vary your terminology.
Finding Jobs in Henderson requires a blend of strong job-search skills and an optimal mindset. Follow these tips to help you thrive in your job search and find the perfect position.
1. Stay up to date on industry trends and research. You want to make sure that you are prepared for any interview and the more knowledge you have on news and trends surrounding your industry the better. Follow blogs and social media pages and read industry newspapers and magazines.
2. Boost your skills. Use this time to continue learning and growing professional. Attend a relevant course or workshop and learn something new. These will greatly expand your resume and help set you apart from other applicants.
3. Ask for help. Talk to your friends and family and see if they know about any potential openings or can connect you with someone in the field. Personal connections can greatly improve your chances of getting the job.
4. Maintain ownership of your hunt. While you do want to ask for help, you want to make sure that you don’t let others take over or that you don’t rely to heavily on help from other individuals. You want to make sure that you are in charge and connecting directly with potential employers.
5. Keep persisting. Make sure that you are staying on top of potential leads and following up on positions. Don’t give up because you haven’t heard from someone. Call and email individuals directly and get a definitive yes or no answer. Worst-case scenario, they gave the job to someone else, and best-case scenario, they admire your persistence and push you forward.