Jobs in Haverford Township, PA
- 110,056 Resumes
- 30,836 Jobs Available
- 48,909 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Near Philadelphia you will find Haverford Township in Delaware County. This township is home to a number of great golf courses including Merion Golf Club and Llanerch Country Club. More importantly as you search for jobs in Haverford Township you have to gather information about the economic state of the area. Find out about the job market, career advice and salary statistics.
The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, but the job market in Delaware County is promising with an unemployment rate of 4.4 percent. The top performing industries in the area are leisure and hospitality; financial activities; trade, transportation and utilities; mining, logging and construction; and education and health services. These industries have grown an average of 1.5 percent over the past year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, cashier and registered nurse. The average weekly age in Delaware County is $1,143, which is higher than the national average of $1,048.
There are many aspects of your job search that might be tricky. None more so than creating a professional-looking and stand out resume. This is a challenging, yet very important, part of getting jobs in Haverford Township. Use these tips to build a resume that will catch the eye of hiring managers:
1. Create a resume that is between one and two pages to ensure that you are sharing enough information without sharing too much.
2. Try to design your own resume format, so you can be sure your document does not look like everyone else’s.
3. Avoid using justified text block because they can create odd spacing issues, instead you should keep your text flushed to the left.
4. Use a reverse chronological order to keep your more relevant information at the top of the resume to help bring it to the attention of the hiring manager.
5. Including your accomplishments in your experience section and elsewhere on your resume to help set yourself apart from your peers.
Part of finding jobs in Haverford Township and the rest of the county is understanding what actions are the best to take. Get much needed advice from these job search tips:
1. Do research early on. Before you start sending out dozens of resumes, you have to do some research to find companies that you want to work for. Once this is done, you should get connected to your dream employers on social media, through your network or just by becoming a loyal customer.
2. Get organized right away. You also have to think about organization at the outset of your search. Make a spreadsheet or use some other tool to keep everything straight and make your search seamless.
3. Know where to look. If you really want to find jobs in Haverford Township, you have to know where to look to find job opportunities. Look at online job posting sites, in the newspaper, at job fairs, on company websites and at career service centers. Don’t forget to ask people in your network about job opportunities as well.
4. Think about the value you can add. Some jobseekers focus too much on how a certain position can make them happy, when they should be focusing on finding positions that they can really add to. When you search for jobs, think about finding a company and a job that you can succeed in.
5. Once you make contact, stay in contact. You should be in communication with a potential employer from the time you decide to apply to a position with them until you get a definitive answer. You have to make sure to follow up on resumes, after interviews and just to see where they are in the search for a candidate.