Jobs in Harker Heights, TX
- 279,207 Resumes
- 1,893 Jobs Available
- 28,526 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Harker Heights, Texas, sits in Bell County. It is a part of the Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood metropolitan area. This information may be interesting, but you need to learn more related to the economic state as you search for jobs in Harker Heights. You can get preliminary data related to the job market, job search, resume writing and average salaries in the area.
The unemployment rate in the United States is 5.3 percent, but in Bell County it is only 4.3 percent. This shows that the job market in Harker Heights and the rest of Bell County is promising. The top performing industry sectors in nearby Austin, Texas, are government; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; leisure and hospitality; and education and health services. These industries have grown an average of 4.7 percent in the past year. The largest occupations in the greater Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood area include combined fast food preparation and serving workers, retail salespersons and office clerks. The average weekly wage in Bell County is $798, which is significantly less than the national average of $1,048.
One of the most important aspects of the job search is your resume. This is your calling card and often gives a first impression of you to hiring managers. You need to make sure is professional-looking and error-free while also being full of important information. Use these tips to create an eye-catching document:
1. Include necessary information like past experience, skills, accomplishments, certifications and education.
2. Consider giving your resume a sharp focus with a summary section and keywords in your skills section.
3. Make your resume reader-friendly by incorporating headers, bullet points and white space.
4. Keep your resume concise by only include up to eight bullets for each position in your experience section and keeping any paragraphs short.
5. Avoid sharing irrelevant information about your hobbies, skills you don’t want to use anymore, religious affiliations or political views.
Finding jobs in Harker Heights is all about know what steps to take. Like in the rest of the country, the search itself can take a long time. That’s why it is helpful to get prepared. Use these tips to make your job search a little bit easier:
1. Take the reins. You have to make a plan and then move that plan forward. No one is going to run your job search but yourself. Make plans to get organized, work with people in your network and search for jobs everywhere. This will give you a greater chance of success.
2. Don’t forget the importance of a positive attitude. Another part of your plan making should be mentally preparing yourself for a long job search. Jobseekers may find that making attainable daily or weekly goals can help keep the doldrums at bay.
3. Be on the ball with communication. After you send in a resume or go to an interview, you want to be quick about a reply. Send an email to thank them for taking the time to review your resume or meet with you. Quick, persistent and thoughtful communication can help set you apart from your peers. It’s okay to follow up on job leads until you get a conclusive answer one way or the other.
4. Practice for your interview. Finding jobs in Harker Heights also requires that you practice for the actual interview. You can answer common interview questions, pick out what you can wear, practice actively listening and focus on your nonverbal ques.
5. Look everywhere. In order to really find a lot of opportunities, you have to be willing to look everywhere. Talk with people in your community, look at online job forums, check company websites, go to job fairs and work with career centers to find an ample number of openings.