Jobs in Hanover Park, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 4,125 Jobs Available
- 38,476 Population
- $68,000 Average Salary
Located in both Cook and DuPage counties, the Village of Hanover Park is a suburb of the city of Chicago. As of the 2010 Census, the Chicago area was home to almost 10 million people. Read more about the city’s economic outlook, including average salaries and prospective employment, that can help you navigate the market and find jobs in Hanover Park area.
Hanover Park and neighboring Chicago have both been experiencing a positive economic outlook. With an unemployment rate of 5.9 percent in November of 2014 and an even lower rate of 5.4 percent in November of 2015, the area is close to meeting the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the trade, transportation and utilities employment sector employs the largest number of people in the area. The professional and business sector ranks as the second highest area of employment, followed by the education and health sector. The largest occupations in the area are retail sales representatives followed by laborers and freight, stock and material movers. The average weekly wage in the area is $969 while the average weekly wage is the United States is $1,048.
When it comes to hunting for jobs in Hanover Park, you will need a captivating resume in order to make a great first impression. Make sure it highlights your qualifications and reflects your current goals and skills with these tips.
1. List your qualifications and education as bullet points on your resume. This allows potential employers to quickly and easily access that information. It also helps to keep the resume short.
2. Do not include your high school on your resume unless you have recently graduated from high school. This also applies to any sports you might have played. If it isn’t recent, leave it out.
3. List your previous employment in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent job. This will give your employer the most current look at your skill set and accomplishments.
4. Make sure your resume is not typed in justified text blocks. Format it so that it’s flush left to avoid the odd spacing that justifying will leave.
5. Your resume should concentrate on your accomplishments and not a list your previous duties. Include any new skills you have recently learned, goals you reached or awards you received. This shows your potential new boss that you are progress-oriented and ready to learn new skills.
Finding jobs in Hanover Park takes great job-seeking skills and a positive attitude, but some employers are also checking your social media presence to make sure you match their needs. These social media tips can help you reach your employment goals in any market.
1. Make sure to let people know that you are looking for a job. Use your social media accounts to post what kind of job you are looking for to increase your chances at getting a job. Use hashtags and provide a link to your online resume.
2. Utilize more than just LinkedIn for your job search. Even Facebook can provide you possible job leads. Look for Facebook groups that serve as job boards.
3. Interact with professionals in your field online by following their blogs and other social media accounts. You can comment on their posts or share their content to increase visibility to other professionals in the same field.
4. Link your resume when you send out a tweet on Twitter. Make sure your resume is also on your LinkedIn profile. Last, but not least, make sure that you have a PDF of your resume ready to send with job applications.
5. Have a friend who is proficient at editing proofread your resume as well as all of your public posts on social media. Misspelled words and typos can keep you from landing a great job.