Jobs in Greenville, TX
- 281,390 Resumes
- 3,585 Jobs Available
- 26,180 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Greenville is located in central Hunt County and is about 45 miles from Dallas. It has the old fashioned charm of a small town, yet it also has amenities that rival the big cities. Jobseekers should start by conducting research about the job prospects before diving in to look for jobs in Greenville. The following will give you a glimpse into the general job market in the area and even touch on some of the average salaries of particular occupations.
The job market in Greenville is decent when you consider the area of Dallas. The unemployment rate is 4.0% which is lower than the national average of 5.3%. The top producing industries in the Dallas area are trade, transportation, and utilities; professional and business services; education and health services; and the government. Over the last year, the industry that experienced the greatest growth was leisure and hospitality, and the industries that had a decline in growth were manufacturing and mining, logging, and construction. In regards to specific jobs in Greenville and the surrounding area, the largest occupations are retail salespersons, general office clerks, and customer service representatives. The average weekly wage in the area is $1,057 which is just a bit higher than $1,048, the nation’s average.
Preparing a high quality resume is a key part of the job application process. Hiring managers often take only a few seconds to briefly peruse each resume, so it is important that you stand out. These resume-writing guidelines will help you design an envy-worthy resume.
1. If this is your first resume, there are templates that can be found online. It is best to use them as a guide but still design your own so that it doesn’t look like everyone else’s.
2. Make sure your resume has a sharp focus. This can be done by including a profile or summary of qualifications section at the top of the resume.
3. If you have had more than one job with the same employer, list each position separately.
4. When applying for jobs in Greenville, portray your experiences as transferable skills. For those with little work experience, these can come from volunteer work, extracurricular activities, classroom presentations, and sports.
5. There are very few hard and fast resume-writing rules, but one of them is to never lie.
The job search in any city can be challenging, and trying to find jobs in Greenville is no exception. Because it can take awhile to find a career in a competitive job market, it is important to keep up a positive attitude and continue searching even when you feel like giving up. The following tips will help you be successful in your search.
1. Update your online presence. Make sure that you have a LinkedIn account, that you have updated it with all of your past job information, and use its job-hunting resources. It is also smart to create a Facebook and Twitter account that is focused on your professional life. You can use these accounts to network, show that you are a resource for information, and show your personality.
2. Plan your time. At the beginning of each week, block out time for your job-search activities such as networking groups, posting online, taking skill assessments, and applying for jobs.
3. Research potential employers. This helps narrow down your focus to businesses that would be a good fit for you.
4. Think about accepting a part-time position or contract work if it is in the area you want to work in. This will give you more experience and show your employer the kind of successful employee you are.
5. Look over your resume. Make changes and update it with your past job and new accomplishments.