Jobs in Greenacres, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 9,869 Jobs Available
- 39,157 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Greenacres, Florida is a small city in Palm Beach County. While its population was just over 27,000 at the 2010 census, its location near several larger metropolitan areas and the region’s tourist base provide a healthy job market for workers seeking new employment. Learning a few details about that market is the key to locating the best work available, so let’s get started.
While there is no local data that specifically tracks unemployment and wages for jobs in Greenacres, the Miami regional statistics do track Palm Beach county as a whole, and those findings show that average weekly wages in the area stay fairly close to the national average, at around $991 per week to the nation’s $1,048. The largest employers in the area typically hire for retail sales and cashier’s positions, which is common for areas with a lot of tourist activity. The hospitality industry is also a large source of employment in the area, as is the marketplace for business and professional services and food service professionals. All three of the last group are growing steadily, too. With unemployment just at the national average of 5.3 percent, all signs indicate a healthy but still competitive market for jobs in Greenacres, making it the place to be.
Solid resume presentation skills are a must for job seekers in any market, and there is no exception when it comes to jobs in Greenacres. Follow these steps to make sure your resume is up to expectations:
1. Shape the objective so that it gives an employer a specific glimpse into your future with the company and the benefits it will bring.
2. Use the sharpest, most active language possible to deliver clear descriptions of your accomplishments.
3. Set the order of information for each employer, so that it presents what they value most first.
4. Don’t let yourself fall into the trap of using buzzwords, they are vague and they make your resume blend in to the pack.
5. Remember to proofread everything. Each mistake stands out, and resumes are competitive items, so you need yours to reflect the highest possible standards.
Finding jobs in Greenacres and the rest of Palm Beach County is a lot like finding jobs elsewhere: you need a plan that reflects the local industries. Since those are primarily based in the hospitality and retail industries, job seekers in other fields should research how their field interacts with those dominant industries to get a better idea of the available opportunities for them.
1. Start with research. No matter what you’re looking for, jobs in Greenacres will be easier to identify if you know details about local companies and employers.
2. Expand your professional network by joining some organizations locally. This lets people get to know you informally before they see you for an interview if you do it right, and at the very least it gets you leads.
3. Plan your commute to fit your resources. If you know Greenacres is the place to be looking because that is your transportation reach, then your plan needs to incorporate more specific local research.
4. Work on establishing an online presence with a couple of different social networking platforms, and groom it to reflect who you are professionally as well as personally. This helps you make and maintain contacts from the earlier steps.
5. Keep your skills up to date by engaging in training and professional development workshops. Not only does it help with networking, it can also open up new opportunities by growing your base of marketable skills.