Jobs in Granite City Township, IL
- 15,349 Jobs Available
- 26,578 Population
- $57,000 Average Salary
Granite City Township is located in the southeastern part of Illinois, in Madison County. The township offers many senior citizen services, such as transportation for senior citizens and disabled folks to all the places the need to go, like doctor’s appointments, the grocery store, or the beauty shop. Daily meal delivery is provided by the Meals on Wheels program. Find out more about jobs in Granite City Township when you check out these employment and wage statistics.
Madison County falls within the St. Louis statistical region as designated by the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics. The unemployment rate in Madison County fell from 6.7 percent to 6.4 percent over twelve months, and is still higher than the US unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. Trade, transportation, and utilities is the largest sector, followed by education and health services. Retail salespersons are the most commonly worked jobs in Granite City Township, and registered nurses make up a similar sized group. Madison workers will find their wages ranging from $650 to $799 per week—a great deal lower than the US weekly average wage of $1,048.
If you don’t have a good resume, it doesn’t matter how good you are at finding a job and how well you researched the company—you will not get any jobs in Granite City Township. If resumes are not your strong point, have no fear: this list of advice comes from resume writing experts.
1. Make sure all the information on your resume is recent and relevant. Do not include hobbies or interests.
2. You should have all of your contact information at the start of your resume. It is not complete until it has your first and last name, a current email address, a phone number, and your city and state.
3. Include complete information on previous employers as well. You should have the name, address, and title of the position worked for each job, as well as the dates you worked it.
4. Experience does not have to be employment experience. Any kind of experience that qualifies you counts, including volunteer work and training programs.
5. Rather than talking about “duties included” or “responsibilities performed” in a job, use strong language to describe your performance.
If you need help finding jobs in Granite City Township, this advice compiled from the words of job searching experts may be just what you need. The short list below contains some essential tips for job hunting success.
1. You can prepare yourself for the specific demands of looking for work by attending job clubs in your area. This is also a good way to establish a network if you are lacking in that regard.
2. Training and workshops for all kinds of things, like writing resumes and interviewing successfully, can be found at your local American Job Center.
3. Do your own digging. The Business Finder will give you some information on companies, and you can also set up an informational interview to really get a good idea what a company is about.
4. Keep a positive attitude. Even a rejection should be taken as a closing of one door and the opening of another.
5. Job fairs are another place where you can meet companies and find out about them. You will also be able to get in contact with them and submit your resume in person.