Jobs in Gladstone, MO
- 755,838 Resumes
- 910 Jobs Available
- 26,800 Population
- $53,000 Average Salary
In Gladstone, Missouri, you can visit the Atkins-Johnson Farm and Museum, which is a 1900 Missouri farmstead on the National Register of Historic Places. This suburb of Kansas City sits in Clay County. Learning about what there is to do in the area is always interesting, but as you search for jobs in Gladstone, it is more important that you gather information related to the job market.
You can tell a lot about the job market in an area by looking at the unemployment rate. In Clay County the unemployment rate is 3.5 percent, in the greater Kansas City area the unemployment rate is 3.9 percent and in the United States the average unemployment rate is 5.3 percent. The top performing industries in the greater Kansas City area include trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government; education and health services; and leisure and hospitality. The industry sector that has grown the most in the past year is mining, logging and construction; it has seen a 7.8 percent growth. The largest occupations in the area are retail salesperson, customer service representative and combined food preparation and serving worker. The average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048, while in Clay County it is $899.
All jobseekers may not take the exact same steps, but everyone needs a resume that is informative, good-looking and error-free. No matter where you are in your career, consider these do and don’t tips as you build your own professional document:
1. Do focus on the reader by including information that is important to them in an order that is important to them.
2. Do use white space, headers, bullet points, the table tool and left flushed text to ensure your document is readable.
3. Don’t include irrelevant information related to your hobbies, physical appearance, religious views, political affiliations or skills you no longer want to use.
4. Don’t create a resume that is too long. Try to keep the document under two pages, but if you are creating a CV the rules are different.
5. Do include plenty of contact information, like your name, phone number, city and state you live in, email address and website, so the hiring manager will have a number of options.
Finding jobs in Gladstone, like in the rest of the country, can take a while. You can make the entire process easier if you know what steps to take. Use these tips as you search for jobs in Gladstone:
1. Research. Do some early research related to careers, industries and companies. This type of research will help you figure out exactly what you’re looking for and where you might want to work. This type of information will help you have a more focused job search.
2. Plan. Come up with an organizational plan to help keep all of the aspects of your search in order. Many jobseekers turn to a spreadsheet. This plan can even help you successfully build your network.
3. Network. Using and building your network is an important part of finding jobs in Gladstone. Your network can help you find more job leads, learn about new companies and get tips for the current job market.
4. Search. One of the most integral parts of finding a job is the actual search. Use newspapers, online job posting sites, company website, career centers, career fairs and libraries as resources during this time. The more places you look, the greater you chances of finding an opportunity are.
5. Practice. You have to practice for certain aspects of the process, such as the interview. Go through common interview questions, think about what you want to wear, learn how to actively listen and focus on your nonverbal communication.