Jobs in Gilbert, AZ
- 79,782 Resumes
- 20,874 Jobs Available
- 239,277 Population
- $49,000 Average Salary
Known for being one of the 20 most thriving cities in the United States, the city of Gilbert is a bedroom community located on the Southeast side of the Phoenix metropolitan area. The city is close by many industries and companies that need workers. The following information can help you to determine what you need to focus on to get a job in the Gilbert area. Work on building a great job search and you can get hired.
Gilbert has a very low unemployment rate of just 3.8, well below the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. Some of the most in demand jobs in the city are in the fields of Retail Sales, Customer Service Representatives, Food Service Workers, Waiters and Waitresses and General Office Staff.Five of the most in demand positions with the most percentage of growth in Gilbert include:1. Business Managers and Agents2. Insurance and Real Estate Appraisers3. Event Planners4. Insurance Underwriters5. Computer Research and Information Specialists
When you are trying to find a job in Green Bay or any other city, you can target your job search and make it more effective by adding some simple steps. Here are five tips to help you create a more goal oriented job search.
1. Learn to NetworkWhether it is getting your information out on social networks and virtual bulletin boards or talking to someone face to face, you need to spend the time networking. You can't get a job by sitting back and hoping something comes your way. Be actively involved in pursuing a job opportunity. It takes work to find work.
2. Take a ClassHiring managers look for people who are self-motivated and are interested in improving themselves.
3. Have a plan. Have a goal of what you want to accomplish each day in order to find work.
4. Study Take the time to learn about the company you will be interviewing with. You can impress the hiring manager when you know what it is they do and what they will be hiring you to do as well.
5. Interview YourselfAsk yourself the questions that you think the hiring manager will ask you. Go into the interview ready.
Gilbert is a city that runs and operates on workers. Even if you cannot find jobs listed in the local papers and bulletin boards, the right opportunity is out there for you. It takes preparing yourself and developing a good job search strategy to get noticed by the right people to get hired. Learn how to take some of the things that have held you back in the past and use them as motivation to present a positive image to employers. The right attitude will always work. Here are five tips to creating a very effective resume:
1. Learn to Market YourselfYou have a product to sell. That product is you. You need to be able to explain to any hiring manager why you are going to be a better choice than anyone else they may be looking at for the job. What talents do you bring that makes the difference to the boss and will make them want to hire you.
2. Be FocusedGet to the point. If your resume is unorganized, the hiring manager or boss will see you as unorganized as well.
3. Don't make it Tough. Hiring managers do not have time to struggle to read your resume. They only have a few seconds to sort through each one. You need to organize your resume so it makes an impact in the first few seconds of being read.
4. What is Special About You?Ask yourself, would you hire you? Why? And the answer needs to be more than that you are a nice person and try hard. You need to be able to explain how hiring you will benefit the company.
5. Laser FocusYour story needs to be told in no more than two pages, preferably one. Don't cram facts and figures together. Learn how to be concise and put only the information needed to make an effective impact.